Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

new BF750 owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new BF750 owner with questions

Hi all here. I finally went from old 600 grizzly to a new brute 750 and this looks like the right place for help. I am new to this internet stuff so please bear with me to. Here are a few questions i had.

Does anyone else notice a funny sound after they turn off the key? is it normal?

I was looking at C series with ATR's. Does anyone have this setup and can tell me how it works for you?

What is a good place to start with mods for more power, not that it really needs it?

Old 11-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

I run C's and ATR's on my big Prairies. Very nice combo for general trail riding, and around the home/ranch work. The ATR's are not a strong mud tire. They do not work well in the deep gooey stuff. They "pack up" the tread. I stay out of the big holes, and like my ATR's very much. Strong, and light. I have had NO puntures in about 3K miles.(I have run 2 sets)!(knock on wood....)
BTW-- Welcome to the board!

Old 11-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

the noise you hear is the engine braking actuator motor returning to home position, it's normal. I love my C series with ATR's but beware the ATR's are not ballanced as well as the stock tires. I get a handlebar wobble at 55MPH when I'm on the street or really hard packed dirt. Most of the time you can't go that fast anyway lol. I too stay out of deep mud, so this tire was perfect for me.

Old 11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys for your help. I have ordered the C series with ATRs. After my break in is over is on to some engine stuff. I read about module cdis, what will this do for me?

Old 11-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

wait a little while and see if Dynatek comes out with a CDI module specifically for the Brute Force. I bought one for the Prairie 700 and it fits my Brute, but there is a little miss at times and some people are saying they can't get them to run at all. it's like a new machine with a CDI box, really gets up in the low to mid range, a little on the top too but not much. mine wheelies and can flip over in high gear, even with a winch on the front.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

I ordered a dg5 already. I spent so much on the wheels/tire kit that I didn't see the extra couple of mph on top worth it, I mean how often will I go over 70mph anyway? That seems kinda crazy to me.

I passed over the highlifter because it don't have the switch, you have to wire up and buy it yourself. They didn't do nothing for the brute either. The dg5 is setup for the brute.

If you look up the part numbers like you said, the part numbers are not the same. Where did you look them up?

Old 11-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

I would read up on the HighLifter ICM a little more before I went out and bought the DG5 sure it has a switch but just because it is made for the Brute don't mean its different than any of there others. I believe the switch is the kicker and the price difference is greater the the HP gain between the two.what I'm trying to say here is, if the ICM cost $100 and you get 6.4 more H.P. and the DG5 cost $200 and you get 6.5 H.P.and a switch,that sure is an expencive switch.I'm not sure about the prices here so don't bash me if I'm wrong (I'm sure I am) I'm just making an example,I'v also heard guys having problem with the DG5 and sent it back to them and then bought the ICM. As for the switch,I bought a switch for mine and did not use it because once I felt the POWER gain I didn't see myself ever turning it off.If the DG5 give you 10 more H.P. I could see why you would want it over the ICM.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

I just checked my cdi black box and it has a 21119-0025 on it like on the website. the p700 is supposed to be a 21119-0004? I wonder if I got the wrong one or is the website right? can you check your 750 again, now I'm worried i got an old box or something.

I talked to that guy dan at highlifter about the icm. He said it was the same as the old prairie icm but that it works on the brute. I think they dyno it about 6hp. He kept trying to sell me their power kit and clutch kit to. He was kind of pushy like a car salsman can be sometimes. Then I looked at the dyna cdi next. A little to much money now, maybe later. I didn't understand the missing thing some people are talking about the dyna either. I looked up the dg5 and for the brute was over 7hp. what sold me was the switch is built in and the sealed computer. I probably can't feel the extra hp but it was only like $29 more for the newer stuff. I should have it soon to try out.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $250 for the Dyna, it's plug and play and it eliminates the "limp mode" and the reverse rev limiter, how much do the DG5's cost? I'm sure they deliver just as much extra power as the Dyna, I'm thinking the only downside I to the DG5 is that these aftermarket CDI boxes void your warranty, I already know that for fact, but the Dyna CDI you can remove at the drop of a hat and there is no evidence it was there. With the DG5 you have a wire that's been spliced into and that lets Kawi know you messed with it. does that make sense? I bought an extended warranty of 2 years and the dealer told me if I put a different CDI box in it, it would void the warranty and I would just loose the money I spent on the extended warranty. I have been putting the stock CDI box back in it when I take it in for service.

Old 11-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

house-, thanks i won't worry about mine now.

2005bf750, my dg5 was $143 or something close with shipping. I don't know what a limp mode is, but the dg5 guy told me how to eliminate them with or without the dg5, it was a cut and jump or something for belt and over ride modes?