Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf

If we're still talking about changing the primary spring and changing the weights as mentalmojave first stated you are going through more work than you need to. Follow this link and you will see that with ordinary socket wrenches you can complete this task. Scroll down through the pictures once you're there.

Link: http://www.700v.com/id9.htm

Old 11-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Range Rover

If you wanted to remove both pulleys (why you would do this on a new machine, I have no clue), it can be done in less than 10 seconds with an impact gun.

As far as changing primary spring, no special tools needed, as Mark explained.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

housefullofkawi, the way you talk you are one of two things........a VERY angry human being or someone under the age of 17........or maybe both. Don't know if you realize it or not but trying to prove to everyone that you're an expert by using all these tools and calling many people on these forums hacks, you're being counter productive. You're only showing everyone that you definitely have not been working on quads very long (and if you have been you're still not good at it) and without 15 special tools to perform a very simple task you couldn't fix anything. Well, post what you want to this but I won't be responding because I won't turn this good forum into a pissing contest.

PS.....get some help, life is too short to run around ANGRY all the time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

Its time for a very simple question..

Has anybody had any trouble with their clutches by installing the primary spring the easy way???

Old 11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Not me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Trailblazer

I agree both ways are easy but by easy I mean no special tool required.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

No thank you dude...thats what I like about these atv fourms you can find out just about anything you want to know on these things and all of it is just people sharing their experences and opinions and how you take what is said is up to you Housefullofkawi I agree with you about doing things right the first time but I also agree with others who have did it different and have been successful..
Sometimes the WRONG way in your opinion is the RIGHT way for some.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

housefullofkawi, let me just say that the only problem I had with your post was you coming out of the gates with your first post saying if you don't use those special tools you're a hack. I have changed out weights and primary springs over a dozen times without special tools and so has MANY members on this forum.....this does not make everyone a hack. The fact that you're trying to get people to use the correct tools is 100% cool in my book. When I installed a new 6 degree key in my quad I used all the special tools I could get my hands on. Hope there are no hard feelings.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: housefullofkawi
ok then, how do u remove your drive pully (primary) with out a puller bolt? How do u remove your driven (seconday)clutch with out a holder to hold it from spining while u remove the nut? and lastly, how do u do any weight or spring work without a compression tool to compress the springs so u can safely remove the primary cover? Tell me all these things.

A)You don't need to remove the primary to change the weights or spring.
B)Craftsman Air Gun
C)The primary spring has very, very little tension on it, a little girl could get the cover off with no problem
D)I'd guess you know about 10% as much as you think you do.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Listen genius,
Nobody makes a secondary clutch spring designed just for the V-Forces. Putting one in that is designed for a Prairie is only something someone like you would do. The secondary comes off easily if you have any mechanical ability.

The next time you want to call me a steroid freak, do it out here in public instead of doing it in a PM. Feel free to learn how to use punctuation while you're at it.

Quick Reply: ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf