Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf

Ordered my dalton clutch kit for my bf today from ritter cycle. $192 for some adjustable fly weights and a primary spring. Anyone use this kit yet?? I'm hoping for some good results. I shall soon see.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

I may want to do this too.....please post your results as soon as you get it installed an ride!

Old 11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

I'm also insterested in this kit but I'm waiting on some results so do tell how it goes and what exactly comes in the kit.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

I rode my dealers BF with the same clutch kit and the bike is sick!! You will not regreat your purchase because the BF has a noticable edge on my 700 even with my own clutch kit.

Good luck.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

My kit arrived today(it was worth the $25 for overnight shipping) Install was a piece of cake, took the primary cover off and the belt, replaced the weights with the daltons and put the orange and blue spring. Well worth the money spent. Engagement rpm is a llittle higher but not too abrupt. You can still take off nice and smooth but if you nail it from idle it spins like crazy and wheelies. 20-25mph wheelies are easy with just a slight pull on the handlebars. Low end and midrange acceleration is what is the most improved. My top speed appears to be unaffected or maybe a 1mph loss at the most. Highly recommended kit!!

Old 11-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

Is the orange/blue spring and the weights all that comes in the kit?or did a secondary spring come with it also? Do you have to install the weights or can you just install the spring? the reason I ask is I heard I could just order the orange/blue spring and it alone would help with belt slippage and also give me a stronger bottom end.The same fellow told me that the guy at Dalton said that the BF secondary spring was strong enough.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just ordered the dalton clutch kit today, I was going back and forth between the Dalton Kit and HL's, but I have heard nothing but great things from Daltons so that is what I went with. Do you need any special tools to install the kit or should I let the dealer install it?

Old 11-13-2004, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

I was thinking about the kit as well. Anybody else have any performance data to tell us. Do you need a puller for the clutch to install the weights?

Old 11-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider

Orange and Blue spring with some adjustable weights is all that is included. The weights use rivets like yamaha snowmobiles to give you some tuning flexibility with 1 set of weights. They give you a baseline set up which works very well. Later on if you choose to go with some heavy mud tires you can just remove the rivets and your all set to go. There is no secondary spring included in the kit which makes the install even easier. A clutch puller is not required but removal of the belt is. Once the belt is off the rest takes 15 minutes at the most. You will not regret this purchase.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

housefullofkawi, not sure if the V-Force clutch is any different than the Prairie or the Brute but I have to laugh when you say you HAVE to have all those tools you mentioned and "forget about anyone that says you don't". Well, you're going to "HAVE TO FORGET ABOUT ME" because I didn't use ANY of those tools to change out my weights and springs nor have ANY of my riding buddies with Prairies and the entire install couldn't have taken any of us more than 20min. to do it. I'm not saying you shouldn't use those tools but to say you HAVE to is completely false. Go over to the Kawi Riders forum and ask the question and see the answers you get.

Quick Reply: ordered my dalton performance clutch kit today for the bf