Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Has anyone raced a KingQuad with their Brute Force?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone raced a KingQuad with their Brute Force?

Originally posted by: Kodiakguy
You beat a brute force EASILY with only a pipe, an epi, an air filter and a cdi??? I think im gonna need pictures for that one....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

what do you weigh, like 100 lbs? or do you have a NOS system or what? i mean i bet ur 650 is fast with the pipe, dyna, k@n, clutch kit and jet kit but thats not very heavy modding. alot of people have those same mods and not the same success you have. or does that diamond G snorkel really add that much??

btw ur last few post s were a little rude there, kodiak guy wasn't rudly challenging you, he was just being reasonably sceptical.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Mike you are right but you might Try going to a event or two maybe a Jambroee . But then I gess you are to old for fun. Im only 47 still young enough to have some fun and show the kids how to tune. 20 plus years or real racing dont mean I cant still have some fun with the 4x4 quads. By the way the events we run are mudbauging sledpulling barrel racing and drag racing. You dont compete against the sport quads I just beat them for fun after I run through all the 4x4s including the BFs. This year Im trying ice racing. It is like always those who can race do those who cant dont.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Get the heads flowed and a cam they made me get rid of the NOS no longer leagle in the events around here. My profile is not current at all. Just look up the winners of all the drags events in this part of the country THATS ME. The cover shot for the Wallis jambroee on OFF-ROAD.com was also me oh ya if you saw that aritcal you may have noticed that I won the drags thire also. The 3 day event in Montana oh ya I also won that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

I wonder what a B.F. w/ Ported heads and a Penland Cam would do to ya? Might add a Dalton clutch kit, DG5, DynoJet kit and HMF exhaust as well. The we might go w/ a Small shot of the happy gas... it's legal in Bama.

Some people say "It's a 4x4, why make it fast?" Other people like me, know why we make them fast.. to smoke cocky people like you.

I'll have my heads done and my Cam in early next year. Won't even need the N20.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CAM650
GE4x4:

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of how a KQ would do against a BF. Listen, I own a KQ too, they're great quads. However, having owned both, the BF is simply MUCH quicker down low and in the mid-range. Many KQ owners get touchy about this but the facts are the facts. It's almost like you guys have v-twin envy. LOL. The BF simply has too much motor for the KQ to compete in a drag.
Then tell me how many lenths the BF will beat the KQ in 300' to be considered destoyed.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

The KQ is fast on Top end. Top speed is around 72 mph just like a lot of B.F's. However, Top speed really isn't an indicator of the power of the machine in the case of most ATV's. The gear ratios are lower in the B.F. than the K.Q. This hurts the B.F.'s top speed. If it had a 5 gear manual and some tall gears then it'd go 80+ easily... if you were willing to go that fast. I've had my B.F. to 75 mph w/ 27" tires and it was a little scary.

A V-Twin is made for torque and with the Low gearing of the B.F. no other 4x4 quad and a lot of sport quads can't keep up with the B.F. in a drag. How bad is detroyed? I guess that's up to each person to decide.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

GE4x4,

Have you ever ridden a BF? Like I said, I've OWNED A BF and now I own a KQ. Why do you doubt me? I'm not saying that the BF is a better quad, I'm just saying that in a drag, the KQ has absolutely no chance. The difference in the low end is NIGHT AND DAY, I promise. In a drag against the BF, the KQ gets DESTROYED from the very start of the race. The KQ has a strong mid-range but the BF has a STRONGER mid-range. Go race one if you don't believe me, or ride a BF for yourself.

One thing you shouldn't listen too is some 15 year old on here that says his KQ beat his uncle's cousins brothers BF in a drag or an overly excited new owner of a KQ saying that KQ can beat or stay up with any BF out there. I read these ridiculous stories everyday on these forums. The KQ is a great overall quad, maybe the best. However, in a straight line drag, it's simply out classed by the BF and the P/TP700, and probably by the upcoming SP800.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

I bought my Brute before ever riding a KQ. I thought about waiting until the KQ came out to compare. However, after gettting quite a few hours and miles on my Brute and then riding a KQ I am glad I bought the Brute. I have ridden several KQs and was not empressed with the low end and mid range power of the KQ. I noticed that with the Brute you better be holding on when you hit the gas or your off the quad. The KQ seems tame to me after riding the Brute. The Brute has what I like to refer to as pucker power where the KQ does not. From 0 to about 7MPH it seems very tame. I was at my dealer yesterday and he said he got word that Suzuki was remapping the KQ so as to improve the low end and mid range. If this is true then it is going to be a very very close race between the two. I have drag raced 3 KQs so far and have beaten them. I will not say I destroyed them. If I destroyed them I would have to have beaten them by 4 or more quad lengths. IMO. They are fast. The KQ handles well and is a comfortable bike. I don't think anyone could go wrong with any quad as long as he/she enjoys riding.

I am 51 years old and am not into the mine is bigger and faster than yours or my dad can beat your dad thing. I want to have fun. Thats why I ride. I have noticed that if you own a brute you need to have thick skin because there is always someone taking a jab at the Brute for what ever reason. There is always someone wanting to knock it off and make it look bad. There is always some one thats beaten the Brute with a 650/700 with no mods. or just minor mods and has beat it in all types of terrain. It's funny that you don't hear this much from KQ owners. It is mostly from Praire owners who have the fastest quad ever made out of the box or are envious of the Brute for whatever reason. It is obvious to them that theirs is the fastest and the best. All I know is that I like the feel of the raw power of the Brute VS the KQ. IMO. I do not have any regrets in purchasing the Brute. I enjoy every ride I take on it. I apologize for part of the second portion of the post. Just ride and have fun and enjoy.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Cam650

Yes I have been on a BF and that is why I said I would concede to it on a drag. But what I don't belive is that the BF destroys a KQ. I know you had a BF and now have a KQ, but you never draged them. When someone say's they destroy someone in a drag, to me is 4 lenths or more. I just don't see that.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

I have sensed for a while now that I think all KQ owners have big bore envy. I mean I haven't seen a post yet simply questioning an ability of the KQ and not seen all the owners go on the defensive and get all postal. They are both awesome quads but I still have no doubt that the big V twin will prevail without a doubt on the bottoma and in the middle haven ridden both and still destroyed varies from person to person being that I've never seen any documentation that defines destroyed as 4 bike lengths or more.

Quick Reply: Has anyone raced a KingQuad with their Brute Force?