Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DG5 ride report

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG5 ride report

Well I got it wired in and went for a ride today. Low end and mid range is definitly improved. It felt a lot like the Dyna, without all the missing.

Sometimes it would wheelie good on fresh new pavement and sometimes it would lay 6 ft patches of rubber w/ 27" ITP 589's and just take off.

However I noticed the same thing w/ the DG5 that I noticed w/ the Dyna...

After 50 mph, you begin to gain speed more slowly. When you reach 60 mph you think thats all its got and then all of a sudden it begins to climb pretty quick again up to about 68 mph w/ 27" tires. (74 mph adjusted for tires)

I think this is the Dalton clutch kit completely winding out "3rd" gear and then finally shifting into 4th.

I've never ridden w/ the Dyna or DG5 without the Dalton clutch kit so I can't compare.

0-55 mph Is just intense though. VERY fast. Too bad the DG5 starts to lose its effect after 50 mph. The Dyna, if It would ever work right, might have a slight advantage above 50 mph, but It was very hard to tell.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default DG5 ride report

Are you saying that after 50mph it gains speed slower than the takeoff ( 0-50mph for example) but is it still faster from 50mph up than it is in stock form or the is the acceleration similiar?? Also I wanted to know, I read some post about some of these modules that only kick in at less than 5mph, which modules are these?? Is the DG5 on of these?? Is there any gain on top end power with this module or just low-mid?? Thanks for th review.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default DG5 ride report

I can't tell if it gained top end or not, my handlbars shake so bad at 55MPH I have to back off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am running ATRs on C series rims, apparently they are out of ballance because I didn't notice this with the Dunflops. I'm running the Dynatek CDI, mine will wheelie in high with a 3000lb winch on the front. If I'm going up to 25MPH it will raise off the ground, but not flip, if I do it from a stop it will fip over if I don't let off. All kinds of power gain in low to mid. Who, where and why is anybody going 74 MPH on one of these lol, it's insane! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default DG5 ride report

I just ordered a dg5 to. I compaired it to the highlifters and cdi. Highlifters is cheapest but is old and you have to wire a switch up. dyna has some missing talk from people and is about double the money. I just spent a lot on tires and wheels that I don't have yet so I went for the dg5 with a switch and programd for the brute force. As soon as I get it I will add my 2 cents about it to.

Bamabrute, what does it run like when the switch is turned off?

Old 11-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG5 ride report

yeah, let us know about the DG5, I'm not opposed to buying another one and selling my Dyna on Ebay if the DG5 performs as well and doesn't miss. I DO have a slight miss at low RPM's with or without the Dyna and my dealer supposedly put the right needle in. really, though, once it gets good and warm it doesn't miss enough to complain about.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Range Rover
Default DG5 ride report

Will the DG5 perform like the DG3 just with a switch?
I love my DG3 but am getting REALLY tired of that damn Belt Check light!
Does the Dyna's made for the Brute work on the P700 and do they "pop" ?

Anyone wanna trade? lol!
Chris

Old 11-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG5 ride report

the Dyna is actually made for the Prairie and no they don't pop on the Prairie 650 or 700.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default DG5 ride report

BamaBrut

Are you running the stock jetting, and did you have the low speed miss before you put the DG5 on?
What kind of gains did you get with the Dalton clutch kit?

Thanks for the repot.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default DG5 ride report

Originally posted by: 2005BF750
the Dyna is actually made for the Prairie and no they don't pop on the Prairie 650 or 700.
My 700 with Dyna pops bad at 60mph (backfires through carb and stutters)... DG3 works great.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default DG5 ride report

The DG5 on the B.F. provides better low end than the DYNA for sure. I need to get my belt adjusted, but I can still easily stand it straight up w/ 27" 589's and a 2500lb winch on the front.

I can't tell much difference between the two in mid range and I haven't got to test my top speed yet with the DG5.

I did have the low end miss, but I had the Dynojet kit along w/ my HMF slip on. The Dyna still missed bad even with the correct needles. I came to the conclusion that no matter how you jetted it, it would still miss.

The DG5 does not miss. I am running a bit rich, but their is NO constant miss with the DG5

Overall I say the DG5 works better in Low range and just as good everywhere else as the DYNA, without the High price and missing. The DG5 is a pain to wire though, since you have very little harness to work with.

Quick Reply: DG5 ride report