Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???

i have the durablue and like it...it is adjustable and a like it i also got wheel spacers on the front cause without them and a wide back end the front will push really bad so get the front spacers and rear axle

Old 11-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for telling me that rolsmojave3, is there any bad things that can happen to the front end with wheel spacers up there.

Old 11-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

it could cause excelerated wear on the bearings but i dont think it's much of a problem only once you get past 2 inches with them then i think it becomes more of a problem

Old 11-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well in the front i found wheel spacers and they are a 1.5" wider than stock so it should work fine. You dont think that it would be a good idea to just get the axle and dont worry about the front end to much.

Old 11-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

you can do it but it's kinda crappy to ster in sand or gravel cause it just wants to push in the front

you can get just the axle if you want to but the spacers help it perform much better

Old 11-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well if that is the case than i better get the front wheel spacers. Thanks rolsmojave3.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Vunit, BIGBLAZER hit it right on the mark. Wheel spacers are not good in any case. In addition to everything BIGBLAZER said, another bad aspect about wheel spacers (or offset wheels) is that it changes the steering geometry. Normally, a line drawn through the centerline of the upper and lower ball joint should intersect with the center (just in front of) of the tire patch. When you put wheel spacers in, this no longer happens. Steering may become heavier or more unpredictable. In addition, the tires no longer follow the proper radius when you are turning. The proper way to extend the front track is longer a-arms with (ideally) new axles that have a relocated tie rod end pivot. Hope this helps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 11-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

Everyone is dead on. Wheel spacers on the front are kinda okay but the same philosphy on the back takes place on the front. They can crack the hubs and cause accelerated wear on everything invloved with your suspension system.

With that being said, I have heard that getting offset rims can allow your suspension to travel more. I think it makes sense. We did this on my buddies Raptor over the weekend when we went to the Badlands in Attica, IN. The difference in travel from what I could see was way different. It made the ride a lot smoother but it was kinda hard to get used to because it did travel so much more.

Vunit,
The best way is to buy aftermarket a-arms, but not everyone can afford one. You can ride with spacers and get away with it, just keep an eye on your suspension. I would hate to see someone get hurt.

Turbojosh,
Wheel spacers on a 4x4 is a little different. Your quad isn't subjected as much to jumps, wheelies and other wise. I would feel comfortable running spacers as long as you don't push to hard. Also keep an eye on everything in your suspension system as well.

GOOD LUCK GUYS AND HAVE A GOOD THANKSGIVING

Old 11-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

I not sure if they make aftermarket a-arm for the lakota with 2" wider than stock. That is the way i would want to go with new a-arms and axle but, Would i be able to fit mojave a-arms on my quad if they make them i know they make an axle so i'm fine there. I want to have everything the same width like how it is stock but just 2" wider in the front and 2" wider in the back.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Range Rover

I would take measurements from a mojave a-arm and then take measurements from your a-arms. If the mounting bracket distance is the same on top and the bottom you could be able to get tit done. If not and you are willing tofabricate then you can definitely get it done.

Quick Reply: Which one Wheel spacers/Eliminator Axle???