Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly

Grizzjeeper,

Sounds like the KQ is the quad for me. You say the IRS is not as plush as the other IRS machines but how does it compair to the SRA machines? Does it have enough plushness to constitute an IRS machine or should I stick to a SRA.

I'm pretty sure I'm going for the KQ. Has anyone heard of any changes for 06? Do they have a limited eddition and if so what has been changed? I don't think I want yellow, red, or green this time.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah- 'cuase it's the heaviest. That weight will bite in the behind at the worst moment.

Old 11-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Outrage

I cant think of an SRA machine that even comes close to the ride of the King. Night and day difference in the rough.

Old 11-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of the ones I have rode Sportsman, grizz, Brute

Old 11-30-2004, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

You know what you want, but I've ridden 100 mile days on my P650 with no after-effects. And I'm old, man. No problems with SRA except clearance in rocks.

Check out the P700 for the best bike Kawi has ever made. You can always get Elka front springs for it as a lot of us have done. Also you can get a gel seat cover. (I bought one, but never put it on.)

Old 11-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

What are these springs you guys are talking about and why are they so special? Doesn't the P700 have ajustable springs? If not what about the TwinPeaks?

Old 11-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

I have the p650, which is the same chassis as the p700 and twin peaks, there is in no way a comparison in ride between that and an IRS. I thought my p650 rode pretty good too until I rode the KQ.

Elkas are extremely expensive shocks, I dont know many people who want to spend another grand for shocks..

The Prairies suspension is non adjustable in the front and preload adjustable in the back, PITA though to do so. Progressive makes a set of adjustable front springs for it but I didn't find them to ride any better, just control nose dives in corners.

If Kawi would put a-arms on the Prairie line I would buy another.

Old 12-01-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Outrage: The Elka springs, not shocks, that I am talking about are $225. They are actually 4 springs, two on each strut. The short spring absorbs small bumps making the ride easier, then after it is compressed the big spring compresses and prevents diving into corners or front end going down on bumps, plow loads, etc. They are one of the best improvements you can make on a P650 or P700.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

I have my BF set at the lowest settings on the shocks. This makes it ride very nice for getting from A to B during hunting season. The only down side to this is with the front shocks set so soft it increases the steering effort quite a bit. Maybe this is caused by the ATR's agressive tread pattern. I have to say even with the shocks set on super soft, My BF still seems to ride like a stagecoach when compared to my dad's Sportsman 400. Granted as stated earlier the bike is guttless but what a ride. They should come with a TV remote holder, since it's so couch like (weight included). I only have limited experience on a Grizz and Rincon but they seemed on par with the BF. My 04 700 sportsman seemed to be pretty much the same as the BF, Grizz, and Rin, due to the heaver springs Polaris has in them. I would say that as far as ride comfort it's really hard to beat the Sportsman 400/500's.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

The solution is simple if you want your BF to ride like the Sportsman 400:

1 bag of concrete on the rear rack
1 bag of conrete on the front rack

It'll ride like a Lincoln and still leave the SP 400 in the dust.

-BunnMan

Quick Reply: Plushest Ride: Brute Force Vs King Quad Vs Gizzly