Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mudzilla's vs GBC Gators

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudzilla's vs GBC Gators

I Have 27 gators and am looking for a little more aggressive mud tire while still being able to ride hard pack. (if i know i am goin to be mostly riding hard pack I will put the stock tires and wheels back on)
I have a few questions any help will be greatly appreciated.
How will the mudzilla's ride on hard pack trails compared to the Gators? How much better are the mudzilla's in mud than the gators? How do laws compare to mudzilla's in the mud? How heavy are 28x10 & 28x12 Mudzilla's compared to outlaws and gators of the same size?

Old 12-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

I don't have an answer to your question, but I was wondering about the Gators myself. So, your not happy with the Gators? I've heard their great on all types of terrain and very durable. I'm looking for an all terrain tire, but I'm afraid a radial like the ATR or Bighorn won't offer the mud and snow hook-up I'm looking for. But, much of my riding in the dry months is in hard pack with tons of rocks.

The Mudzilla looks very similar to the Gators.

QuadZ

Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

If you do 50/50 riding the gators are awesome in the mud, but me being myself I wanna push everything too the extreme.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

I really don't do any mud riding, only when I encounter it on the trail. Until a few weeks ago, I only had a sport quad, so you can see why I didn't do mud riding. I do ride with some hard-core folks who log thousands of miles a year on their quads. The camp is divided. About half say the Big Horn is the best all around tire, but won't offer much in the way of mud hook-up, especially on muddy off-cambers. Others say that the Gators are the best all-around tire. One friend has had a set of Gators on his Grizzly for 3 years, and now their on his Brute Force 750 with plenty of tread. Only one puncture in 3 years, and he just traded his Grizzly in with 8,000 miles on it!!! That's a pretty strong testiment! He claims great hook-up in any condition, and still a smooth ride. Your thoughts?

Old 12-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

check out the 589's or even blackwaters my dad had black waters on his old big bear they where nice smooth because we used em for plowing and still had great traction

Old 12-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Ive run the Gators on My first V-Force and they are a super tuff Tire. The 26's all around like speedy had on his grizzly and now on the Brute are perfect for zoomin across the monutains and playin in a just about any mud you'll find up there. The ride will be a little harder then say the Big Horns, But if your looking for a tire that will last the Gators are hard to beat.. ~coop

PS: Jeff you may wanna ask Speedy about wheel choise? I just remembered another reason I went with the Douglas/OMF was the offset. 12/6-F 12/8-R with the tire set up for running the mountains up there you just seem to get a better feel on the quad over the 12/7s all around that ITP only offers.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

I HAVE THE GATORS, im wondering about the mudzilla's and laws not more info on my own tires

Old 12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

I've tried the following tires.....mudbugs,589's,vampires,mud lites and now have 28" mudzillas.....none of these tires come close to matching the mud performance of the mudzillas. Outlaws are with them for sure, but there are NO other tires that you can compare to these monsters in the mud. ride is rough but if you want extreme then don't think about another tire. gators are very similar to the mud bugs but no where near mudzillas....the lug depth on the 28" mudzillas are a full 1.5 inches and they ride rough until about 7 miles an hour. they will wobble at around 40mph and are unstable feeling....but sink these beasts in the mud and you'll be smiling ear to ear

Old 12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

do you know how the ride of the mudzilla's compare to the outlaws?

Old 12-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Range Rover

yes, my friend has 28" outlaws on his 400 foreman and theres very little difference in the severity of the ride at low speeds...to trail ride with both is about the same and at 7 to 10 mph they smooth out, both are extremely impressive in the thick goo and they do get alot of attention when we're out on the trails but you can't have the best of both worlds....these tires are extremely heavy...outlaw...36 lbs...mudzilla 40lbs...roughly!......but all I can say unbiasly is that these are two tires that will astound you in the mud but expect some power loss and rough ride at low speeds. personally I love my zillas because they're made for what I want to do and thats stir up some big time gumbo, I can still hit 58 or 59 mph (not advisable) these tires are for slower speeds and rough terrain but the 650 can still spin 'em easily. If you want a trail/mud tire I would go with 589's,,,if you want pure mud and goo tires go for the zillas or outlaws....you won't be dissapointed. like I said, the zillas smooth out after 7mph or so and will kick major butt in the muck. I have 3000 km's on mine and the next set of tires will be exactly the same [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hope this helps ya!

Quick Reply: Mudzilla's vs GBC Gators