Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

LETS SEE SOME REAL WORLD SHOOT OUTS !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LETS SEE SOME REAL WORLD SHOOT OUTS !!

This should get people giong! Lets see some shootouts with riders 6' and 250 LBS. +. Nothing against you lite weights but lets be real ! Not everybody weighs 150 to 180 like the riders in the shootouts , yea ok if the shootout is on Blasters , Ozarks,Mojaves, 300 ex's and so on but the biggest baddest 4x4's known to man kind? Lets get some big boys in some of these mags on the quads and get real inputs on these machines.The characteristics of every machine will change with added lbs., such as tippy , or pushing through corners and so forth. Example: I rode my buddys BF and he weighs 180 lbs. he had some issues with the ride and the topheaviness of it, I felt none of that being 280lbs. Just my thoughts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If a MAG rep. reads this I will volunteer to ride in a shoot out !! HA HA HA HA HA HA![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I totally agree with you. Most of the guys that test the big atvs are pro motocrossers that weigh like 150 to 170. Very light and agile cause they gotta fly high on the dirtbikes. They can't "toss" the atv around like the bigger guys. Plus, usually, bigger guys ride the bigger atvs so they gotta have bigger guys testin them to give better feed back to the reader/buyer. They need more realistic testing. I'd love to test atv's the rest of my life!! Sounds like a great career to me!!!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

One of the best ideas I have heard in a while also I'm available for testing if they need someone as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

I'm 6'2" 300 lbs, I can pick my BF750 up lol I'll do it. Just for fun I raced another BF750 last weekend, he has 28" Maxxis MudBuggs and I have 25" ATR's. I have a Dynatek CDI box and he is stock. it was an 1/8 mile dirt drag in dry conditions. I had my wife on the back and the guy I was racing weighs about 120 lbs soaking wet. I stomped him in the beginning but by the end of the track he was catching me. If we'd have had more room he would have taken me. You suppose that's because of the larger diameter tires producing more top end speed? he had nothing in the bottom end. Wonder if I put the CDI box in his if it would improve the low end and then still have all that top end? that might be the way to go!

Old 12-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I'd say off the line, yer buddy is slackin cause takes more power to get them 28inchers turnin. I bet that cdi box would really help him out. Did you notice a big difference with your BF?? Sounds like you can toss your BF around really good. Do you like the way it handles??

Old 12-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dynetek CDI box made a big difference on mine, but I kept 25" tires so I wouldn't loose the hole shot. I like this thing alright now that I switched the wheels and tires, it handles just fine. I'm coming off a Polaris 700EFI so the Kaw IRS kinda sucks as far as a smooth ride goes, but I can swallow that because of the Kaw's quickness and power. just mash the throttle and you're gone! mash it too much and you're on your back. When I lean my weight on off-camber stuff, it actually does something! I weigh half as much as the bike does.