Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is the price of this Brute Force for real!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the price of this Brute Force for real!!

Hello everyone,

Please let me know what you think about this deal. Please click on the URL below:

Brute Force

I would like to purchase this machine and requested from the seller additional pictures and mentioned that I would only pay by PayPal.

IronBear

Old 12-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

Welll it is used, but $4000 still sounds pretty cheap. I'd be skeptical, there are alot of scams out there. I've seen other ads on there for quads that seemed like a great price but I've no idea how they turned out. I think i'd want to pick it up in person and I wouldn't exchange any money until I had picked it up. I also noticed this is the first time the seller has sold anything, therefore you cant sheck ojut his past feedback from others. Wish I could be of more help.....

Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

As a general rule of thumb, if its restricted to pre approved bidders, and has free shipping, and they havent sold anything else or the only things they have sold is hand knitted sweaters. RUN! they have some tricky ways of getting your account info, I wouldnt even email one of those sellers. 4000 bucks for a brute? I think its like it sounds, too good to be true......
On the other hand, If you must check it out, offer to meet this seller, tell them you live close by and want to take a look. If they agree to meet up, call an appraiser in the area, they do this for insurance companies and have them check it out for you. Might cost you 75 bucks, but thats cheaper than losing 4 grand.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 400PrarieXLT
As a general rule of thumb, if its restricted to pre approved bidders, and has free shipping, and they havent sold anything else or the only things they have sold is hand knitted sweaters. RUN! they have some tricky ways of getting your account info, I wouldnt even email one of those sellers. 4000 bucks for a brute? I think its like it sounds, too good to be true......
On the other hand, If you must check it out, offer to meet this seller, tell them you live close by and want to take a look. If they agree to meet up, call an appraiser in the area, they do this for insurance companies and have them check it out for you. Might cost you 75 bucks, but thats cheaper than losing 4 grand.

Pick the quad up in person and pay then....NO DOUBT! I'm willing to bet they have a relative that works for a shipping co. and is going to use their free shipping. SCAM! Something needs to be done to stop all this on ebay lately, it is happening too much.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

Hows it go now....come on now everyone repeat after me...IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS!

Old 12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

As a rule if it is to good to be true it is b.s. This guy has no feedback and simply wants to scam someone, These guys thrive off of ebay on bogus quads and cars, If he had some feedback and you could look at and pay for the quad in person it would be great, But who couldnt sell a Brute in there local paper for 4k?? Seems fishy to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Banned

Thank you for all of your responses.

You guys are right about the 0 feedback, that triggered some questions.

I will ask if I can see the machine first, then if I like what I see, I will buy it.

Thanks again!

Old 12-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

Why did you say you would only pay with paypal ?

First off thats a scam. Secondly... paypal isnt even safe...

I payed 400$ for a TV through paypal. Never got the TV. paypal sent the guy emails, but never would refund my money.

They are not FDIC. They are a pain in the a$$ to get on the phone IF you can actually find their number.

Go to www.paypalsucks.com to find out more. Paypal Sucks Link

Old 12-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

its a scam all it says is United States for location. not like city then state, then country

Old 12-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

Yea i dont buy it. Anything that cheap is a scam. I dont know how ebay can let crap like that go. They need to get some people on the auto section to look though at obvious scams. I just hope that no one buys into that crap

Quick Reply: Is the price of this Brute Force for real!!