Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just installed Clear Guard Headlight Protectors on P650

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Clear Guard Headlight Protectors on P650

Hey Guys,

I finally decided to go ahead and order some Blue Clear Guard Headlight Protectors for the Prairie 650, so I figured I'd give you guys a quick review of them, and show you some pics of the install. I decided to order the Blue ones as they seem to look real nice from the past photos that I had seen. For anybody interested, Clear Guard also offers Yellow, Smoke and Clear tints for the 650. They also offer some for the Brute Force 750. Clear Guard also includes a clear protector for your speedo unit when you purchase the headlight guards. I wish I would of had one of those before as my speedo was getting all scratched up.

I must say that the installation of the product was very easy and straight forward. Clear Guard offered some excellent instructions on how to install. It probably took me 20 minutes to install, and that included me taking many many pics of the install and chatting with brownstr from this site telling him how cool they looked because he ordered a blue set also.

I must say that now that the product is installed, I'm highly impressed with the outcome. As you will see in some of the pictures, the headlights are a lot brighter, and they offer a cool customized look to the 650.

Here are some pictures of the project. Pictures 8 to 13 are with the left headlight done, and the right one is not done yet. The rest of the pictures are with both lights done.

A big thumbs up to Clear Guard for an excellent product.

Clear Guard Headlight Protector Pictures

Old 12-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

How much and where?

Old 12-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

$26.95 plus shipping. I don't think I can post the web address to the company here, but look in the first few pictures and you can see the website on the packaging.

Here is a quick write up from their site

Clear Guard ATV Headlight Protection Kits are designed to offer a "Customized" appearance to your ATV while protecting your headlight lens from breakage or becoming scratched and dull looking.

Our headlight protection kits are manufactured from an exclusive film, which utilizes a softened PVC vinyl bonded to a high quality optically clear acrylic adhesive. This unique technology increases the impact resistance, resulting in an enhanced "Trampoline Effect".

Each headlight kit has been computer designed and die-cut for the specific year, make and model of your ATV and come in the color options listed below.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

Just a little warning with this type of product when used with retina burning high wattage bulbs.In winter the bulbs can't over heat, however a buddy's bulbs burnt out with excess heat.I like the product,this in no way is an attack.just my$0.02 worth !!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

MALAHATMAGUIVER

I'm not familiar with retina burning high wattage bulbs. Are those the type of bulbs that come standard in the 650?

So what you are saying is that the bulbs will overheat and burn out with this type of product?

Old 12-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Blue lights for the moose in newfoundland next year? LOL

Old 12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Jason,

It's funny that you mention that. We where actually talking about Newfoundland tonight. One of my buddy just got back from the Rock and now he's all bent out of shape to go on his ATV next summer. First time to the rock, and now he's hooked.

I know the feeling.

I'm sure the moose in Newfoundland will be flocking to the rail bed to see those blue lights once they see me coming LOL!!!

Dan

Old 12-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

Kawidan,you can buy high wattage aftermrket bulbs,45/45w is stock I believe.On the NYROC website there's a NAPA # for 65/55w bulbs,which I have installed and is a nice addition.Since I did that upgrade i've found other bulbs that are as high as 65/80w which is RETINA burners....with more wattage comes more heat.
I just had this conversation with my buddy only a few days ago so it was somewhat fresh in my mind.I think the product is definately cool.The fact that company is pro active and sent you a bonus hunk for your speedo is friggin cool.
please don't be to alarmed with my b/s it's just a friendly warning.

BLUE IS COOL!!!

P.S. you claim its brighter?

I wear blue lens glasses on the overcast days, I believe it "sychs" the brain in thinking its bright.

WHOOPS thats deep!!!

M/M

Old 12-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

MALAHATMAGUIVER

Thanks for the info.

I still have the stock bulbs, so hopefully I want have anything to worry about. I doubt that the lights are actually brighter, but when looking at them and also looking at some of the pictures, the light that does have the Clear Guard does appear brighter. But maybe it's just my brain LOL!!!

Old 12-21-2004, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Nice! I may have to buy them. Is that $26.95 Can.?

Quick Reply: Just installed Clear Guard Headlight Protectors on P650