Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ATV police

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV police

Rolsmojave - We were in Darlington for the first time last summer. We usually try to hit the Wisconsin trails about every other year - usually in and around BRF. This time we had the misfortune to go right around Memorial Day - with it's 12+ inches of rain that closed all the trails in the BRF area. When we heard that Darlington was open, we bugged out from BRF and headed south for the remaining two days of our vacation. While Darlington was open, it was limited to the main trail - which can get um.......kinda dull.

Not sure if we'll ever go back, although I understand that they have opened up several more 'real' trails off the main run. I think this summer we're looking at heading up to Ashland.

Jaybee

Old 12-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV police

yeah BRF's was a blast when we went...met some people there that came a couple weeks before us..they came again cause rain closed the trail..this time they brought the big 4x4 to get through the mud that closed the trail...luckly the mud only around in some spots when we started riding..awesome trails IMO

Old 12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV police

Bottom line is NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. That is in the law itself, so if they are riding with non-street legal machines, someone must address in the court system. Just because someone is designated to uphold the law doesn't give them the right to break the law. The police were busted in our town for speeding and running red lights when they were not in any pursuit or chase. Several of them were running the red lights just to not have to wait. They would turn on their lights, go throught the intersection and then trun them off again. THAT IS BS

Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV police

We can ride our ATV's on the streets here to in Missouri. Our requirments are you have to wear a helmet and have a driverslicense. I dont really feel like its a big deal. Its a small town and the cops are pretty cool as long as your not being a jacka$$. Just obey the law and they wave and drive on by. Its fun to just cure around in the summers and enjoy the weather. And I am the only one who has ever had an accicdent while on the road. No big deal. They just laughed at me. There is bout 100 ATV's licensed to drive on the road here. Its a good way to enjoy our town.

Old 12-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Range Rover
Default ATV police

In South Dakota you can license an ATV just like a motorcycle
I"ve seen ATVs driving down 41st Street in Sioux Falls
[41st Street is one of the busiest streets in South Dakota]

Kasi

Old 12-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV police

Must be nice!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: KP700
I was watching ATV magazine television today and had a section on police in Austin, they have grizzley's that they drive to patrol. They drive them on the roads or wherever they want! Whats up with that? There not even street legal, all they have are strobes, sirens, and license plates that say exempt! Why cant we drive them anywhere we want?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I saw the same exact thing.....I thought it was cool.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: clover
I saw something like that,but the atv police were riding on some public trails,checking people for helmets,insurance and other stuff.
I saw that one too, those are the Hatfield Mc'Coy trail police.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: 2005BF750
they're on Grizzlies eh? well at least we don't have to worry about them catching us lol.
Hahaha, I was thinking that too....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV police

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

I saw the same exact thing.....I thought it was cool.
cool, but not fair.....oh well.

Quick Reply: ATV police