Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need quick help on vforce exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help on vforce exhaust

Possible explanation of the burnt valve situation with the alien exhaust:

I don't know anything about that particular system and honestly never heard of it until I read this thread. This thought did occur to me though. The parts guy was probably correct but that doesn't make him any smarter because he obviously doesn't know WHY he was correct. He made the statement that these pipes burn valves (I'm assuming exhaust valves) and that folks keep jetting richer to compensate for the heat. If this heat is in the pipe and not in the cylinder these folks are making it worse. By jetting excessive rich they are getting a longer burn that is likely still burning out into the pipe creating the heat. I have seen this with street bikes. Also by having a rich (dirty) burn they are allowing alot of carbon production which will interfere with a proper valve seat and cause the burning they are having problems with.

Not that it matters...

Sometimes when I share my .02 folks hand back change.

God bless,

-BunnMan

Old 01-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DesertSportsman
Muzzy or LTE, period!
Why do you say that? Have you tried DMC and switched? Have you tried the LTE exhaust?

????????????

Old 01-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

lte because there quality and dyno results. 5 hp over all the others. and muzzy for the same reasons except ,power over others and price.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I HAVE A 2004 KFX 700 AND HAVE HAD ALIENS SINCE NEW NEVER A PROBLEM I DID JET IT TO 140 AND 142 RUNS EXC I ALSO HAVE A FREIND THAT HAS BEEN TRYING TO BEET ME WITH HIS AND THE ONLY DIFF IN BIKES ARE HE HAS PRO CIRCUIT PIPES HE HAS DONE ALL SORTS OF JETTING NOTHING WILL HELP HE IS STILL BEHIND ME AND I AM A GOOD 20 LBS HEAVIER MY OTHER BUDDY HAS YOSHI ON HIS I THINK THEY MADE HIS SLOWER BUT THIS IS 3 OF THE SAME BIKES JUST DIFF PIPES AND WE ALWAYS USED ROLLING STARTS ON PAVEMENT

Old 01-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: schl48a
lte because there quality and dyno results. 5 hp over all the others. and muzzy for the same reasons except ,power over others and price.

Spend your money on what is proven. On a stock bike you cant beat the Muzzy or LTE. On a big bore you cant beat the LTE period. Unless someone else can show some dyno figures?? IMO the Aliens are funky looking with that short oval dual outlet can, I had HMF duals when I first got the quad, and the Muzzy was a HUGE improvement in both sound and performance. Now that I am getting my BB built by Dynoray I will either most likely do VforceJohns Muzzy mod or switch to LTE's. My riding buddy sincityduner has had hmf, muzzy and now the lte's, guess which is best and proven in the real world, yep the LTE. Good luck with what you choose, and keep us posted with your results.

Ken

Old 01-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

One of the main reasons I had decided on the aliens is that the team green GNCC racers are using them on thier quads. I figured they researched and found out which one was better. Isn't muzzy a single exhaust? I have always understood dual exhaust will give more power than single. I did look at the LTE but had never read anything on here about them and they are higher priced than the aliens so I figured they are probably not worth the extra money plus i read this

"Horsepower increase is about 4.47 hp over stock without quiet core, and just over 3 hp with the quiet core". And somewhere I read that the aliens are 5hp increase.

Are the LTE's loud? I like loud, which is one reason I like the aliens. Is there a place to get the LTE's cheaper than from thier website? Thanks for all the help...

Old 01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

The Muzzy is a 2 into 1 with equal length pipes from both cylinders, the rest are not. Its a torque monster and not awefully loud. Sounds like a small V8. LTE's on a big bore are louds as he11, never heard them on a stock bore. As far as HP ratings, I believe it was back when Mickey D was dyno'ing with different pipes, before the LTE's were available, the Muzzy was giving the highest results with somewhere between 9-11 hp increase. I can tell you the difference between the Muzzy and HMF was a huge feel in the seat of the pants test. The HMF's sound very good, loud, just dont perform as well. Probably not enough difference for every day riding, but with the Muzzy I can lift the front end at will at any trail speed, with the HMF...no. I have no personal experience with the Aliens, but Metal likes his and so do others, you may as well. As far as finding the LTE's cheaper, I havent looked yet. You may want to get on kawieriders,com and put out a thread over there as it seems more V riders post over there. Good luck and maybe we will run into each other some day out at Dumont or Amargossa. Later

Ken

Old 01-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Muzzy

Old 01-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Great write-up DesertSportsman!!!

And now if you can answer a few questions. Does the Muzzy pipes step to a larger size as it goes down the tube? Or is it all one size pipe? How much bigger is the Muzzy tube than the stock pipe? Do you know the OD and ID of the pipe? Thanks

Old 01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Doc

It steps at the collector from 1.38 to 1.72 and before the can it jumps to 1.99. All outside measurments off my digital caliper. Hope that helps.

Ken

Quick Reply: Need quick help on vforce exhaust