Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Need quick help on vforce exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need quick help on vforce exhaust

My wife bought me DMC aliens for our V for christmas. She did not actually buy them just gave me a piece of paper saying I can go buy them as she was not positive that was the brand I wanted. When I went to the local Kawi dealer to order them, the parts manager had a lot of bad things to say about them. He sadi they are not going to carry thier line any more but he could order it if I really wanted it. He said they are having problems burning valves on the rear cylinder because it is getting much hotter(yes the jetting is correct according to him) He said most people jet bigger in the rear cylinder to try and compensate for the higher heat but they are still burning valves. He did say that HMF has come out with a line that has a sprayed on liner inside the pipe to help make the heat transfer out the pipe and keeps the rear pipe cooler by about 200 degrees. He is not a fan of HMF but he said it is the only pipe he would recommend at this time. He will order the alien if I really want it but he does not recommend it. I do have a buddy with the alien and he has had no problems yet.

Anybody heard of this before? Any truth to it? Anybody been running aliens for awhile with no problems and how long(prefer info from sand riders because we are always wide open) Any info would be great because I really want to order a pipe today!!

Old 12-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Your parts manager is exactly right. The best thing for you to do is send me the certificate so I can dispose of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Seriously though. Let me clear up a few things for you.

Valves cool by contacting the seat. Everytime they close they will cool from the seat contact. That being said, there is only a few ways a valve can "burn". One is, if something gets under the seat and holds the valve off the seat the valve can't cool and "burns". Another is if your adjustment is too tight. This will hang your valve open and again "burn" the valve just like the above reasons. A valve won't "burn" from too hot of a combustion prossess. A piston yes, but not a valve. For example, one time I leaned a blown engine out very badly due to a bad fuel fitting. It got so hot that it melted 4 pistons but the valves were fine.

Now, could you lean things out and hurt your motor? You bet. And that is just what a good set of pipes or even open headers will do, lean things out. You will need to jet up because you are flowing more air through the motor and you need the keep the air fuel ratio at about 12.5 to 1 to give you the most power. If you don't richen the jets in the motor it will run lean with a good pipe. That's why some pipe makers give you jets when they sell you the pipe.

Some pipe makers put fancy coatings on their pipes. This will indeed keep the outside of the pipe temps down. It is just a real nice insulator. It keeps the heat (energy) in the pipe and when you do this you will pick up a touch of power.

All in all, I personally think your wife would make a better parts manager at your dealer than the current one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alot of people are saying that the DMC's on the 700 don't work very good. What most people are using are the Pro Circuit, HMF, and Duncans. You will need to rejet with all of them to make it run good. I wish my wife would give me a present like that instead of underwear and socks.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I had DMC's on my last V-force and besides the sticker burning off on the rear cylinder sides, as long as your quad is jetted right, And you DONT let that Parts Manager jet it!-lol You'll be fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] On the V-force I have now Im running Pro cuirt T4's and besides being a little on the loud side there a great dual exhaust as well. I run the HMF Penland on my Prairie and HMF does make a fine product. There really are a alot of good aftermarkets exhausts out there! Just grab the ones you think you want? have fun and ride! ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com
785 V Force
Prairie 700

Old 12-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the advice. I thought the parts manager was full of s#^t!! but my wife wanted me to research a little. As far as which pipe I want, All we do is ride dunes and from what I've heard the aliens give more top end hp while the other pipes give more torque. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I have found.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'd save yourself some trouble and get the HMF. Dual exhaust looks tight on the V-Force. I've never had any probs with my system. Muzzy and Pro-Circuit are also great but wayy more expensive. Depends on your preference.

Old 01-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Muzzy or LTE, period!

Old 01-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

stay away from dmc. my son had them on his z250 and the head pipe weld constantly broke. i had dual hmf on my vforce and loved it. it was loud but powerful. i run hmf ecco series on my mud atv's and they are great.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

sweetquads what is your price on the LTE'S?

Old 01-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I've been running Aliens since june. Never had one problem, love the way they sound and look. They open up your engine to the point of almost being a straight pipe. Makes your quad sound like a nascar.

Quick Reply: Need quick help on vforce exhaust