Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Needing New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing New Tires

I am soon to purchase some Bighorn Radials and some C-Series wheels. Has anyone found the cheapest place to buy them? Also, I've heard that there are some newer model Bighorns out there that have a little yellow circle where the valve stem goes. I was hoping to order the tires from a place that I can be confident that they'll sell me the new ones and not pass the older ones off on me.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Here is were I buy most of my ATV tires

I have found that its important to buy them from a shop that can ship them mounted and ready to go. I have had alot of trouble getting local tire shops to mount them correctly without damaging the beads. Just about every tire I have had mounted localy has leaked around the bead. Every tire I have bought from the 1st company I listed has been fine. I think it comes from expirence in mounting atv tires and having the right size tools ect. ect.

here is another place I use

Old 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

My main concern is making sure they send me the latest Bighorns. I've heard about the problems with the earlier versions and want to make sure that I buy them from a company that will sell me the ones with the little yellow circle. I've heard that others bought the brand new ones and ended up getting the ones without the little yellow circle. I guess I'm looking for someone reputable that will ensure I get what I ask for.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I know there were problems with the first ones out and not all of them were bad. I have one set of bias ply's and one set of radials. I bought the radials last summer from the the first link I gave you. They do not have the yellow circles but I have had them up to almost 80 mph and no vibrations. I may have been lucky I do not know. But the guy I talked to at the time I exspessed my concern also about the problems posted around the forum but he told me out of hundreds of bighorns they had sold only one or two were ever a problem. They sell alot of tires so I would imagine they have some of the freshest stock. You may want to give them a call and ask them about the yellow dots.