Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!

Originally posted by: 69HemiGTX
Originally posted by: 2fun
The Z400/KFX400 was also a joint venture.
Not exactly. Kawasaki is allowed to sell a "rebadged" Z400 in their showrooms. Arctic Cat gets the same thing, only they have their own bodywork. They had nothing to do with the devlopment of the Z. Suzuki did the same thing last year with the KX60, 65, and 100 because they didn't have any products of their own for those market segments. For 2005, they dropped the 60 and 100 because of customer confusion and low sales last year. As a matter of fact, Kawasaki dropped the KX60 for 2005 because its sales have been slipping ever since the KX65 came out due to its dated design. The KX/RM-Z was a joint venture because Suzuki designed the engine and Kawasaki desinged and produced everything else. Needless to say, neither side is exactly thrilled over the end result, even though it is one of the top 250 thumpers out now. This bad blood is why the 450s are seperate entities.
When you said "joint venture", I thought you were saying that Suzuki made it, and let Kawi market it.
I knew this to be the case with the Z400, KFX400, and DVX?400
Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

hey hemi save ur looks opinions alright[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Return of the TECATE? I sure hope that the chassis geometry will be good enough to go with the projected killer engine. Certianly the engine has to be good because everybody else's ware's are out so it's easy to see what can use improvement.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATV using an all new dirtbike derived high performance 450cc powerplant will debut before the dirtbike?

Sorry, have to call a big bs on this one. If its true, I'll admit defeat but I'm fairly confident this will not occur as the rep told you.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

he said theyd come out at the same time. who knows. we all ready got 2 great 450s to choose from anyway

Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, check out the big brain on maddog 56, I'm impressed. Not only does he advertise junk on his posts, but he somehow also manages to belittle members for new information that they have on new and upcoming quads. I guess since he is a supporting member and has an enormous amount of posts we should ignore his rudeness. Somehow though, I can't.

Let me fill you in on something super star, when you tell people that their information is "bs" you're basically calling them a liar. That's fine on occasion, but in light of the fact that more than one person has come forward with the same information, namely me, maybe you should reconsider your harsh stance in favor of a more cautious one. Maybe sit back and wait to see what happens, then storm in here in June if it doesn't come out and say something like "ha ha I told you so " or something along those lines. In closing, maybe the smart thing to do in the future is to soften your stance and withhold judgement until June arrives. We common, lesser people would appreciate it.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
US Army lifer

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
hey hemi save ur looks opinions alright[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Get it? Re-read the bold word. Opinion. I'm entitled to think and say that the 450R is ugly. Obviously, you like it because you have one. That's great, but they're not for me. Here, let me appease you. Hey Kawasaki, please don't make the new quad as ugly as the 88-89 Tecate 4. Good? Don't take it so personally, kid.

Sorry for the tangent, KVR. I'm done here.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever since reading this news I can hardly sleep- gonna hafta switch to decaff.....

Old 01-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

there is no 89 tecate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: CAM650
Wow, check out the big brain on maddog 56, I'm impressed. Not only does he advertise junk on his posts, but he somehow also manages to belittle members for new information that they have on new and upcoming quads. I guess since he is a supporting member and has an enormous amount of posts we should ignore his rudeness. Somehow though, I can't.

Let me fill you in on something super star, when you tell people that their information is "bs" you're basically calling them a liar. That's fine on occasion, but in light of the fact that more than one person has come forward with the same information, namely me, maybe you should reconsider your harsh stance in favor of a more cautious one. Maybe sit back and wait to see what happens, then storm in here in June if it doesn't come out and say something like "ha ha I told you so " or something along those lines. In closing, maybe the smart thing to do in the future is to soften your stance and withhold judgement until June arrives. We common, lesser people would appreciate it.
Such hostility, take it easy man its the internet and I'm not calling any members liars. You heard your information from your dealer, KVR hear it from a rep. While these are people who typically have great knowledge about their company and its actions, we have all seen that dealers and reps can often get the information wrong, especially when it comes to the release of high priority, high performance, highly anticipated machines like the 450's. There are many dealers and factory reps that have provided false information about the suzuki 450 atv along with other atvs from the past and present.

I did not call either you nor KVR a liar, but rather suggested that your dealers and reps were either ill informed or knowingly providing false information. I in know way insinuated that either of you were any lesser people or members than I or anyone one else. There are plenty of people here who know more than I that dont have but a handful of posts. I do not claim to know it all or profess that others should be subordinate to me.

There are points of KVR's post that make good sense, and others that could only be attributed to the rep's bias. Every machine since 2000 was supposed to be the next big thing, the next biggest, baddest and fastest thing in the ATV world. I would not take information from their dealer or rep without a grain of salt. When the 450 bike and atv show up on the order sheets for dealerships and the first is delivered, then we can all sit back and take joy. Until then all we have is anticipation and its the job of Kawasaki to keep us in suspense, hoping that the next great thing is just a short time away.

I have no desire to be right or wrong at the expense or gain of anyone else. I only want the best and most truthful information and I dont care if I'm the one that provides it or not. IMO this is a ruse by the dealer and a disservice to the customer. If we all butter each other up instead of question it we will all need waders to get through all of the BS. It's not my intention to cut anyone down on this forum, nor do I hold any personal stake in my comments on these boards. I do my best to avoid and quickly resolve issues like this one. I apologize if my statements were taken in a malicious manner, as that was not my intent towards you, KVR, or anyone on these boards; but rather the providers of the questionable information and the notion that kawasaki employees would spread rumours or outright lies as absolute fact to their loyal paying custiomers.

Quick Reply: Hey fellow Kawi freaks, new 450 atv is comin!!!!