Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2wd to 4wd to 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd to 4wd to 2wd

I was flipping through my owner's manual and it says to always stop before shifting 2wd to 4wd to 2wd. Does anyone do this? Am I doing something wrong? I thought you can shift on the fly?

Old 01-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

don't bother stopping as it will not shift back and forth all the time when stopped. it shifts better and faster when it is moving.i recall reading a thread here that said it will only shift at speeds of 5 miles an hour or better.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

yamahamike you should shift into 4wd when moving slowly ahead and never do it if the rear wheels are spinning faster than the fronts so in other words if you came to a big hole just let off the gas slow down a bit and hit it into 4wd and let the mud have it then switch out of 4wd when out of the pit i usuallt stop just to be safe. also if you get stuck and are stopped and try to go into 4wd it usuallty does not work ypou need the front wheels spining a little bit ive done this sinces ive had mine and have never had any problems going into or out of 4wd and nothing has ever broken hope this helps and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!