Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 Owner Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750 Owner Reviews

I will be buying a new 4 wheeler in the next few weeks and have narrowed it down to a few, one of them being the Brute Force. I will mostly be using the 4 wheeler for hunting in muddy conditions (louisiana swamps), but will also be using it for pleasure riding. Could some Brute Force owners give me their reviews of this atv, both pros and cons, and also what kind of price you paid. Also, have there been any maintenance issues with it. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: newrider1627
I will be buying a new 4 wheeler in the next few weeks and have narrowed it down to a few, one of them being the Brute Force. I will mostly be using the 4 wheeler for hunting in muddy conditions (louisiana swamps), but will also be using it for pleasure riding. Could some Brute Force owners give me their reviews of this atv, both pros and cons, and also what kind of price you paid. Also, have there been any maintenance issues with it. Thanks.

do a search on

Brute force 750

you will get tons of great info.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my Brute for about 2 months Paid 11K CAN It work good in the snow and trails. Haven't been in any mud yet.
Things I like about it lots of power, smooth motor no vibration, rides good handles good. Starts good when it is -20C out
Things I don't like about it. Doesn't go into 4X4 instantally, uses lots of gas
Maint issues Had to adjust shift linkage and belt deflection 250KM on it

Old 01-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i loved mine till the rod and crank went out on it, should be out of the shop on friday gotta love that warranty..
they havent told me why this happened yet but as soon as i find out i will post up. my guess is the front cyl being to lean.
i didnt have any problem till about 11 hrs on it. but back to the topic i would reccomend the brute to anyone and the shop here in maryville is very good and helps in every way to get things taken care of.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:49 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

The biggest plus is the power, it has lots of it, making it fun to play with. It also sounds nice and doesn’t have as much engine vibration as a large single cylinder machine typically does (especially at idle). Finally it’s engine braking effect is one of the best I’ve ever experienced on a quad with an automatic transmission.

My main complaint is with the 4x4 engagement. With my Grizzly I can be stopped or moving and push the 4x4 button and it hooks up right away. With the Brute you must be moving after switching to 4x4 mode for it to engage. Not only do you have to be moving, you have to be in a forward (high or low) gear too. It does not seem to ever engage while in reverse gear, however you can have it in a forward gear, engage 4x4 then shift into reverse and you will still have 4x4. The issue I have with this is if you get stuck while in 2x4 mode and you can’t back up so you can go forward again after toggling the 4x4 switch you are in trouble because it probably won’t engage, therefore you need to plan ahead as to when you need 4WD.

Secondly the ride is rather harsh for an IRS quad. My Grizzly has more suspension travel, rides smoother and has a softer seat. Even still the Brute isn’t uncomfortable to sit on (I tend to be standing in the rough sections anyway) and you can always change the shocks for something that suits your riding style better.

If you like to ride fast you will want to change the tires to something stiffer (6 ply) and wider (like 26x12x12 for the rear and 26x10x12 for the front) as that will improve the stability and slide-ability. I did this with my Grizzly as well.

Finally the CVT system is not as durable as the Yamaha / Suzuki (King Quad) design. Although easier to tune, the Kawasaki drive belt is more susceptible to belt slippage and burnout (and will require more frequent adjustments than the Yamaha / Suzuki type).

With all that being said, I still enjoy my Brute Force and it is my number one play quad right now, where the Grizzly is used primarily for work (dragging logs, pulling trailers, mowing, snow plowing) or as a spare recreational machine...

Old 01-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

Hey 2TV, where in MD do you ride? Im in Bethesda. I go to a shooting range in Frederick about once a week, its nice up there!

Newrider,
The Brute Force is an awesome machine! The acceleration is wicked and I think it handles great. Ive heard people complain about its "tippiness". IMHO thats due to seat height and lack of suspension tuning. The fuel tank is mounted down low, under the seat, so that keeps the center of gravity lower than a machine with the gas tank in the traditional location.

My only complaints with the BF750 are the lack of storage, (mine didnt come with the rear storage container) and the 4wd issue mentioned above. Other than that its a great machine!

Old 01-12-2005, 12:00 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Rgramjet, I have a 92 acre farm on the foothills of the mountains where I can play around (it’s also my shooting range too although I don’t do a lot of that out of respect for the neighbors, the nearest being ½ mile away). The farm is OK for casual riding, even a little technical play but for serious riding we take the quads elsewhere, to VA, WV or PA…

Old 01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

I've been running mine through these Louisiana swamps for the past 2 months! Awesome machine!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have no complaints whatsoever except for the 4x4 engagement issue which isnt really a big problem. Just plan ahead and youll be fine. Power is crazy....bring on the popo800...heck..bring on a banshee!! Dont listen to the guys that say the handling is bad. I high speed trail ride ALOT and the handling is just fine. As for the ergonomics..i ride mostly standing up myself so you could have better ergo's for me. All smiles here....

Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Not so fast with the Banshee Kodiakguy. I’ve raced and beat a Z400 with mods (piped, jetted and CDI) every time (400’, mostly flat on grass). My Brute had stock 25” tires then and a Dynatek CDI. I’d like to try him again sometime with my 26” Gators to see if there is a difference. However I’ve also raced him with my totally stock Banshee (beat him 5 or 6 times and lost once by less then the length of a front tire). If the terrain allows the Banshee to get good traction it will be a really close call. If that Banshee has been modified (and can get traction) watch out!...