Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The Rock (Dayco Belt?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005 | 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default The Rock (Dayco Belt?)

Jeffro31 easy, it's okay it's just a belt, lol.. I have had the Dayco on my 360 for I'd say 400 miles withouth a problem other then a bit more noise in N. Even given that I will most likely go back to OEM after this belt just because I think there durability is better, however I completely agree with jpsdiving, all were trying to do is find a belt that is cheeper, or in other words I'm not taking a jar of vasoline with each order from the stealer, I absolutely dread having to buy anything from Kawi, there prices are far above rediculous & I dont fancy giving any more of my hard earned $$$ to some damn rip-off organzation like Kawi then I have to. Who ever manufactures these belts for kawi is not the only company out there with the witts to be able to develop a good belt, I belive in time we'll see a aftermarket belt that most will be happy with.

Old 02-01-2005 | 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you Uinthas.

Old 02-01-2005 | 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

It is shame when someone makes a state about someones post that was false and you correct them and it becomes a big deal, I hate I hurt the dayco fans feeling , but the facts stay the same , you are not any more ripped buying a $70 belt that "kawie sell" than you are for paying $40 bucks for a Dayco since teh kawie belts last 3 or 4 times as long.Putting 400 miles on a 360 is not the same as putting the miles on one of the big bores , the stress is a lot higher on the big motored machines I understand wanting to find a cheaper priced belt but right now you are paying for quality and that is way some many people are having problems with the cheap belts. That work for you JPSDIVING , you ok ?

Old 02-01-2005 | 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jeffro31
IPutting 400 miles on a 360 is not the same as putting the miles on one of the big bores , the stress is a lot higher on the big motored machines I understand wanting to find a cheaper priced belt but right now you are paying for quality and that is way some many people are having problems with the cheap belts. That work for you JPSDIVING , you ok ?
Hey tell that to my Primary clutch, I sure as hell hope it listens to you because it wont listen to me, lol...

I have no interest in defending the Dayco belt, as you read in my post I will most likely go back to OEM, that does not sound to me like I'm a dayco loyalist, but I also belive there not as bad as some would have them look to be. My point to you is that who ever this company is that builds Kawi belts is not the answer to everyone's belt prayers, it is however Kawi's lube as it insterts that 2' ***** up your ace with every belt purchase. I'm sure there are many engineers that can figure out the engineering marvel to these rubber bands that spin on our clutches & make it go voom voom. So WHEN a manufacture does come out with a belt of the same quality as your OEM, you go ahead & stick with your beloved OEM belt & kawi will love you for it as they laugh all the way to the bank.

Old 02-01-2005 | 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well Jeffro, what can I say. I, like so many other people are looking for a better solution to our belt problems. That is why I test the different belts, to get a better product to fit our needs( did I say ours, that includes you too Jeffro) instead of endorsing being ripped by the dealers. I am not defending Dayco or any other source, but I will defend someone(or company) that is willing to try to provide me with a better solution to our problems. I try not to spend too much time complaining about it, but lets move into the future and find something that works for us.

I guess we can put it in simple terms, some of us step up to the plate and participate in the game and some of us choose to set in the bleachers and comment on how the game is played. Well we can all play Monday night quarter back, but let's all play the game the best we can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005 | 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well just FYI to those who are not aware, BANDO Corp. makes the belts for Kawasaki. I'm sure they are making a good chunk off this belt since they have a proprietary sales agreement with Kawi. Unlike Dayco who allows you to purchase their belt from any sales rep. So you can blame Kawi if you want, but just like chains and sprockets, most bike manufacturers dont make them along with the differential gears in your quad etc. etc. etc. sob sob sob. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Personally I doubt Kawi had much to do with the belt design really, I think they provided Bando with length and width and Bando did the rest. Dayco is just finally coming out with dual cogs now, Kawi didn't invent the dual cog belt, belt manufacturers like Bando and Goodyear have been making them for years. I don't believe Dayco actually designed the hp2018 and 2017, I think they just made a quick make shift one to fit. I spoke to a Dayco Engineer personally and he told me they are working on the dual cog belt for ATV applications, they have been making them for snowmobiles for years.

Old 02-01-2005 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

I agree guys and when some company steps up to the plate and proves thereself I will be on board , but at this time no one has , Dayco is doing the laughing right ,not just not at me, as long as they sell inferior products and people by them and don't demand better,nothing will change, so if you are in the game but won't question the bad calls you are subject to loose. Main thing guys , don't just worry about my post , look at all the dayco post, even in this topic, maybe dayco will step up someday but right now they are on the loosing end of game just like a majority of the people that have bought them.Don't just take my word, READ and do a search on there belts , some people by buy into every pony show that comes along , I don't, these companies want my business the need to earn it , its that simple. Till then I am going to keep riding and laughing !!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2005 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffro, what brand of wheel spacers are you using on your wife's quad and how much did you pay for them, may I ask?

Old 02-01-2005 | 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I am running HL 1.5" wheel spacers , as far as cost , I can't remember I have had them a long time , but I have a deal where I buy all my parts at cost from a dealer , sorry I can't help on the price. I am actually running them only on the rear , I got a super deal on some c-series for a vinsion, the offset was different than yamaha so I put the 1.5 inch on the rear and that made the front and rear the same width.

Old 02-02-2005 | 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

See Jeffro, you don't pay full price like us for your parts, that is why you are preaching go to the dealer. Well, you made a good choice on the HL parts, they are top shelf.

I am considering them for my 700.

Quick Reply: The Rock (Dayco Belt?)