Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750i Rated best in class

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750i Rated best in class

I just recieved my march issue of ATV magazine and they rated the BF750 best in class. Here is the funny part Polaris bought a special cover add that created a false cover and back making it look like its the cover story this month. The real cover has the King Quad winning the magazines ATV of the year Award then inside you find a short article about the king and why its the ATV of the year and then you come to an article about the Brute being best in its class, then you get to a big bore shoot out where the Polaris 800, BF750, Rincon, AC V2, King Quad, and the Grizz all square off. The Brute finnishes 1st the SP800 2nd and the king is 3rd. Now how in the world can a quad thats best in class get beat by the quad 3rd in its class for ATV of the Year baffles me. I was a little ticked that last years winner was left out of the test and all the old quads that have lost year after year were included. I think this has to have been the most fickle issue of any magazine I have ever read.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Range Rover

They are full of sh*t over at AtvMag. That shoot out they did from 2 years ago, which is still online was full of bogus statments about the Rincon. It won that year and the P700 won last year. Yes it wasn't even back this year because as before they favor quads with IRS highly and are biased towards them.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

I almost forgot Bomb didn't show this year but told the edditors of ATV magazine that they would be back next year. That seems to be falling right in line with the rummored 800 v-twin outlander. That 800 V-twin thats rummored on its way uses a v-twin based on its 1000cc snow mobile motor. I think that was about the only thing besides some some good performance data that I got out of this issue.

Atvboy1, I agree ATV magazine realy seems to try and please its sponsors alot more than others. I still like reading it, it typicaly has good performance data and such. I tend to agree with DW and ATV action more than this one on there reviews of quads compared to my own experinces, IRS just sucks in the handeling department no matter how you look at it compared to SRA setups. I don't know how they would have rated the P700 this year. ATV action rated it second to the king ahead of the Brute and 2nd only to the Brute in performance runs. I think they left it out because if it had finished this shootout in 2nd place like the action shootout except where this time the BF was 1st and the king was 3rd it would have dropped the ATV of the year back to 4th in its class. Its probably bad enough that the ATV of the year is 3rd in its class.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Those people at atv mag have opinions, that dont mean there right! Atv of the year is the one you like the best.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I am confused about their results. How did they rate the other quads compared to the brute? Were the others close behind it or not. I am suprised the sp800 was voted second. I sort of figured it would get last in this shootout. It costs way too much money for what it offers.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

The results were in the concluding paragraph and the. There were no score charts to speek of. There were several performance numbers given like what was faster to 20mph what there times were in 100 yard drags and what speeds they were running. It was written in a very confusing manner on top speeds the top speeds were not top speeds but top speeds in a 100 yards. As for some of the other quads in the test the Rincon that was ATV of the year 2 years ago was dead last in all the performance test, it did very poorly in this group. The Grizz performed verry close to the King by the numbers but lacked EFI. The reason I said the P700 had it been included would have taken one of the top three slots was based on its past results with ATV magazine. The conclusion I don't think even assigned a place position among the 4-6 positions. They touted the AC V2 as being more utility oriented and the Brute and king as more sport oriented amongst the group. They were impressed with Sp800 in overal performance and did specificaly mention that the BF was faster in every test than any quad in the group. They seem to depart from the other magazines in the handeling department indicating the Brute handles well by comparision. Which most every other review I have read and my own experince riding brutes is that they do not handle well but that's just IMO. I will reread the article tonight to try and pic out some more details.

As far as cost I don't think they look at that much at all in these test. But if they did the Rincon would have been Likely ranked 5 followed by the AC V2 being that the Rincon is very pricey for its 500cc performance numbers and the AC V2 is almost as pricey as the Sportman and lacks EFI, and Over 100cc. I would say if price was a big issue the Sportman would have dropped to around 3rd or 4th.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering the same thing. It is a matter of money. If the magz always had kawasaki 1st in evey shootout, then the other atv companies would slow down the money they spend on the magz adds, etc. All about money and politics.....This is the magz way around it.......to please the other atv companies and still say who really won atv of the year and atv shootouts......BF750.

Old 02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Elbongo
Yeah, I am confused about their results. How did they rate the other quads compared to the brute? Were the others close behind it or not. I am suprised the sp800 was voted second. I sort of figured it would get last in this shootout. It costs way too much money for what it offers.
I own a BF and traded the praire 700 for it. The truth about the machine is that tha oem tires are no good, also drop pressure to 3.75 psi, and tune rear shocks to 4th rise then learn to ride a large racer in the woods then you will be able to tell all about the Brute Force. It is tall,but also power slides to comp for roll over easily, jumps well and is very good over all in my opinion. the store has 6 polarises in the shop for repairs. only 1 kawi. It had few bugs to work out after break in,, here they are,...
1. throttle cable play- causes elect. switch in housing to hiccup or cut motor breifly ( take up slack at housing on bar )
2. wouldn't engage 4-wd while in reverse ?? cant get answer on this from mech,. friends BF doesnt have this trouble
3. suspention too soft from factory give 3rd riser in front, then 4th in rear shoulld keep from squatting so much
4. oem tires are not designed for this machine,.. I use 3.5psi to 4psi Improves handling and ride
buy ATR radials they work good the Bad Lands radial have very weak sidewalls ( lots of tears and flats )

5. rides different from small atv or solid rear axil,, TAKE RIDER COURSE OFFERED FOR FREE BY KAWASAKI ( please wear helmet)
thank you for reading and ride long and strong but dont let your bike ride you, take a rest when needed God Bless Stormseeker

Old 02-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I've ridden both the BF and the 800 EFI, my friend had a BF, he now has an 800 EFI. Since I own a polaris, my opinion would be biased by someones thoughts, so I won't give it here. Magazines are biased, by whatever and for whatever reasons, its just like truck of the year and car of the year in their magazines.

Lets face it, the best machine is the one that you own. I own a 2005 Polaris 700 EFI, but I'm not biased towards any manufacturer. I got the EFI because I live and ride in New Mexico, and we have high alititude and it changes rapidly. I couldn't be happier with my machine. Does that mean that I couldn't be happy on other machines...heck no, I have a friend that has a Prairie and its a blast to ride and can do anything that my machine can do. We switch off all the time, get to play with each others machines. I rode with a guy a few weekends ago with a Rincon, that was fun also, not the power of the 700 EFI or the Prairie, but still fun to ride. I wish I had one of everything...lol....

Old 02-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

2. wouldn't engage 4-wd while in reverse ?? cant get answer on this from mech,. friends BF doesnt have this trouble
Actually, No brute can engage 4x4 while in reverse...only in a forward gear.

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750i Rated best in class