Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Two quick ?s. Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two quick ?s. Help please

Hey guys, i wanna know which of these tires you recomend for what i ride. Itp mudlights, bear claws, or dirt devils. I mostly do trails and the normal trail mud. I really never go looking for mud but i ride in it somtimes. I want a tire that will not kill my power and will not be hard on my belt or anyother parts. I was dead set on the mudlights but i heard they wear fast on concrete and i unhapply have to admit that i do ride on pavement from time to time to get to trails. Not much, but some. I now the mudlight is very light( as the name states) and i like that because that would keep the most performence. What tire would you choose from those THREE. I know there is better tires but those suit my price range.

Also, i want to get a clutch spring. Im sure what the front clutch is called, i think maybe the primary, but the one closest to the front tires. What color or spring would be best for my 360 for the tires and power i want. I want good power and not to much top end loss. thanks.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as those three tires, I choose the mudlites, They are lighter as you say, and I havent noticed much wear from pavement in the year I have had mine. I dont ride the pavement ALOT but I do ride to some hunting spots that are a couple miles down the road. The front spring is the primary but with a 360 im not real sure about which one to go with. someone that has a 360 can help you on that one, or you can call Rick Ritter (618) 644-3211 he can help you with dalton springs (nice guy).

Old 02-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

Hey there, haven't been around in awhile, just bought a new Kawi street bike and have found a new love at the moment, but I was trolling and this is a question I know alot about. I have Bearclaws and DD's and a good friend has Mudlights. Some folks may disagree with me, but if I was you, I'd get the Claws. They hook up better than either of the other 2 IMO, the DD's just plain suck. Sure they look cool,but that's about it. My brother calls them "all show and no go" for good reason. I've got a practically brand new pair I pulled off cause I got sick of spinning around like I was on slicks, and getting stuck in the mud got old. The Lites are much better, but I've seen the wear on those things, and they wear fast. Too fast for what they cost. The Claws are the heaviest of the three, but I think they get the best overall traction, and you just can't wear these suckers down. Trust me, I've tried [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And the weight doesn't really mean jack either, my Prairie spins the heck outta em on command. Buy what makes ya happy man, but this is a subject I've researched to no end. The Claws are the best of the three for overall riding. Just my findings after shredding a bunch of tires! Hope it helps.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

while I agree that the claws would be one of the best wearing, the new Lites are available in the deeper lug ( XL's ??? ) in the smaller sizes... I'd do them 1st, then the Claws... of the tires you mentioned... but I'd also look at the Badlands radials also, for your riding conditions...

on the spring... some of the guy'sw have been unning the EPI Pink with good results... I'd think the Dalton white or blue would also be good options...

Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

I've used all the tires you mention here plus quite a few more and for my money the Bear Claws are the way to go. Yes they are heavier than some but it is a tradeoff I haven't minded that much. Good allround performance and long life at a reasonable price.