Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NO MORE BB KITS IN CANADA EH!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO MORE BB KITS IN CANADA EH!

Well it seems as though FST is not shipping to Canada anymore or maybe not selling his kit to Fundy Power Sports and some of the Dealers in Canada. Maybe for the individual he might sell to but not for a select few. I guess there will be only one place to get a big bore kit north of the 49th parallel, LMAO. I would wager Peland wouldn't care where his kits went to!! I gather us Northerners won't be playing in FST's sand box anymore, lol.

Good luck to you Mickey if this is so you will have a lot of disappointed people up north here.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Why aren't they selling them in Canada?

Old 03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

It's like a child that can't have his way, jealousy can play a big part with some people that is my concept on this. It is to bad a premier builder can act this way but that is the way it goes sometimes. IF need be there is a way of back purchasing what you need. Fundy Power Sports can step up to the plate with no problem they have their own kits available.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

Is this for real? If so, someone needs to grow up... Did this happen to start from the Kawieriders thread a while back?

Old 03-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Basicly SPS was buying FST kits and making them work better essentually Fundy Power Sports is a better tuner. Since FPS stuff was doing better than the BB kits offered by FST done by FST, FST is now stopping all shipments to FPS. Follow that, I hope the concept is there, lol. Not only stopped shipping for FPS but for the rest of Canada as well. What does that sound like? Anyone can buy the individual stuff from the dealers that FST deals with except we have to buy them in quantitiy instead just of one at a time. Unless you found a buddy who would like to build the same as you, you are stuck with ordering more than you want. The problem for us in Canada shipping across the border requires a broker and that broker charges an exorbinant amount for a piece of paper. If it costs $100 US by the time it arrives at my door I am paying $200 CDN that alone is a rip off. Maybe the individual can get a single kit from FST but you will not be able to get it from your dealer.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Range Rover

I see now. Yeah ur thread started some real fire alltoys. lol. FST blames it on his credit card company and the fact that he doesn't have enough time to switch to a new one. and that ti takes 10 tiems longer to ship international. I respect FST alot, but i guess that would sound like major BS to the canadian buyers.

Alltoys, did u get your 75hp from fundy?

Old 03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

x2468,
The bank thing is kinda funny I agree my bank loves me I deal with Canada, US, and Europe. If FST has problems with Canada he should deal with Europe lol.

Yes my 75 HP is from Fundy I have Wiseco pistons with FST cams and Rays porting this is without boring at all. IF I were to go with a 730 kit I can get another 8 HP and maybe another 2 feet in 300 feet with Rays cams. I consistantly run even with 800 BB kits if I get the hole shot I can beat an 800 I weigh 250#'s just to give you some perspective.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys any Idea what Horsepower the 650s are making with your same kit? What is the compression on the Wisco pistons for the Kit?

Old 03-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Tuffenuf,
Here is something interesting. You can istall a 700 sleeve with Wiseco 11/1 piston into your 650 with Fundys cams, head porting and you will have nearly the same power as the 700 only difference now is a shorter throw in the crank. Now with the shorter throw in the crank your new 697 will be able to rev higher than a 700 producing more power on the top end above 9000 rpm. A 697 will have nearly the same power with more rpm something to think about!!!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

Alltoys,

I have been thinking about doing a build on my 650. Where do you get the 700 sleeves? Are you talking about the factory 700 sleeve? I wanted to go oversize, but do not want to have to bore the cases, just the jugs. Do you have a part # for the pistons? Is there any reason that you can't use "pancake" style pistons like in the YFZ450's? How much are Fundy's cams? Are they the FST cams? Do you have the cam card specs vs factory? How much is the porting? I have done a number of motors myself before and I am considdering doing my own work on this project. I would love to talk to someone who has done the porting before to get an idea as to where they are removing metal. I am sorry for so many questions, but I am seriously considdering this build and after talking to Penland and Dunlap, I do not know what direction to go in. Any help would be appreciated.

ED

Quick Reply: NO MORE BB KITS IN CANADA EH!