Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

NO MORE BB KITS IN CANADA EH!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO MORE BB KITS IN CANADA EH!

ALLTOYS

You Da Man!! Im Sure all All us old 650 Owners ready for an upgrade have a Cheshire Cat Grin!!! A Short-Block 700!!! for our Prairie!

Now I'm really DROOLING at the thought of a near stock bore making 70+ HP!!. I wanted a package that did not have all the heating/sleeve issues associated with the bigbore kits. Having more power on the top end should make it very trail friendly with the reserve Arm-stretching power for the straights in reserve.

Having a shorter stroke does the 700 sleeve have to be cut/shortened for crank clearance or is it just a bore & press job?

THANKS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TuffEnuff

Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Good question tuff!!, This thread has my full attention. So let me get this straight. Since I already have cams and headwork done I could put in a 700 sleave and wisco 11/1 piston and expect to see around 60+ HP? I realize my porting and cams arent going to be exactly like Fundys, thats why Im saying 60s instead of 70+ HP. I wonder if the hotcams S1 or penland cams that some of us already have would work with the 697 setup. Throw us a bone ALLTOYS!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I was a little off. Here is the actual modds. You can take a 700 stock sleeve bore out the 650 to except the sleeve. Now an 80mm piston will fit from Wiseco this along with fundy cams and head porting will give in the neighborhood of 65 HP. Web cams are a mild cam not sure where the HP numbers would be with this set up. Now with a 730 piston (this is from Fundy) it will have the 650 up to a 697 and very close to 70 HP.

I can push my quad to slightly over 11,000 rpm but it takes a long time to get it there on a smooth road. A 697 should get there a lot easier than a 700 and far easier than a 750. If I were to build another engine I would definitly give this a try for the reason. I have almost to much power for the woods but realy not enough for drag racing. The trade off would be a 697, less power for the woods but can gain back the extra power with rpm. It should be able to reach 9500 - 10,000 rpm in a 300 foot drag if it is lite enough. Rotational mass would be a factor here but it can be done. I have not had a heating problem with my 700 nor has any of the 730's out there not like the 785's/800's so a big bore is not in my plans. Hope this answers any questions.

Old 03-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Gary!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I think I will give it a shot this winter when I dont ride as much. I find myself doing more work and tuning than I do riding so Im going to TRY to leave it alone and just ride for a while. At least try. But now Im already hoping something breaks so I can justify the rebuild.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

Gary you are stirring this up again? What's up? If you want a BB kit so bad order one from someone down here in the states. The FST and Fundy kit are two different kits for different applications.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
FST
Weekend Warrior

You have to wounder what would motivate someone to start a post like this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Could it be big bore envy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Altoys likes to call me, and pump me for info for whatever reason, but one time I told him to just ask his buddy Ray, so now he's mad. The only way he found out I don't sell to Canada anymore is when he tried to buy a big bore kit from a Canadian dealer of mine. He knew I didn't sell to Ray anymore because he was copying my stuff and I got tired of being his warehouse. The other reason among many is at the first of the year my bank switched credit card companys. We were selling alot of Big Bore kits to South Africa ($10,000 at a time) and the new credit card company can not collect if someone desides not to honor the sale, so they said we shouldn't do it anymore. This was fine with me because it is too much paper work anyway. They still buy stuff from us but they wire the money in now! I have some dealers that I send stuff to upper NY and they pre-pay their orders. It all works for me, but Altoys wants to give his own version for what ever reason. I don't make big HP claims like some people because it just leads people to lie. Everyone one knows how my stuff runs so I don't have to tell storys. I build motor parts that are made to have last and give the best bang for the buck.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

FST,
Does the name Parkland Cycle ring a bell? You cut business off with them as well. 2 other cylce shops besides Fundy have talked with me about you cutting ties to Canada. I was totaly surprised with what you have done. In the past dealers have asked me where to purchase after market stuff for the Kawi without hesitation I put them onto you. I talk with dealers across this country and others and they can't believe what you have done, not only for Kawi stuff but other brands as well. Does Wiseco, JE, Web, etc, have problems with credit card companys. You left a lot of people north of the border with a bad taste in their mouth and all you can up with is Credit card company giving problems come on. If other engine builders can get more ponys from your kit so what you should be flattered instead you are offended. I saved up for a year to rebuild my motor this last fall. It was a flip of the coin litteraly to see which way I was going to go. Either to your shop or Fundys, Fundy won. I am glad I went with Fundy especially after this credit card company problem. Further more I have enough friends in the US I can get what I want without going through you.

Pumping you for information, does asking a premier engine builder about a formula for rotating mass have anything to do with secrets of the trade? No doubt you will do very well there is enough business in the US to keep you in Kubasaw good luck to you Mickey happy trails.