Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any news on 2006 products

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news on 2006 products

TTaylor
The squeeky bushing noise just drive me batty.

If Kawi went to a "switch" to lock the front end you'd probably have to be stopped first. However a toggle to flip/lock in front drive on the fly would be VERY nice. I Just think the Swing Arm Bearing could have been better designed & waterproof and a system like the BEARING buddy bearings covers used on boats trailers. The Swing Arm Bearings would definately last longer.

Kawi having the ALL the new technology, could probably redesign CDI/head/carbs/cams/clutch on the 650 & It would toast any Utility Quad Made & do 80+MPH.

Don't know Why Suzuki didn't put the 750 twin in their "King dud" I mean king Quad...The Name would have fit then. My little old 650 with aftermarket mods will hang with & out run most of the bigboys.

Got to agree with you on the Plush ride of the Polaris. Loved the ride of my Explorer 500, but, just don't compare in power or let you throw it around in the corners like my Prairie.

The Best part of owning a little old 650 is that "WTF look" you get when you blow past them.....Priceless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TufffEnuff

Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tuffEnuf
Kawisaki Listen UP! I'm no rocket Scientist but LISTEN TO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT

To regain your #1 Title is Very Simple.
Working with your BF 650 Platform:
Replace the 650 engine with 750 engine & add Dual air Snorkels
Add Stiffer springs to Front and Better/stronger Struts & rear Shock
Add better differential seals
Beef up Front Differential & 4 x4 Solenoids
Add Greasable/zerks to A-Arm bushings, Ball joints, Swing Arms, steering knuckles & front wheel bearing
Waterproof swing arm & Swing arm bearings
Add stronger tie rods
Retune the CDI to maximize power
Replace Dunlops with Goodyear Rawhides on the Factory Team Green Wheels
Enlarge the rear storage compartment but make it dry storage with waterproof drain and top cover
Redesign the front Bumper so that its stronger and an inch wider than the front plastic
and move the Winch mount bracket higher on the bumper & out of the mud/crud
Create a new quad that can compete then?

Old 03-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

BarelyLegal

If Changes/redesign are made I guess you would call it a new bike. The BF 650 competes quite well now.

What I'm saying is that kawasaki has a good platform in the BF650 and they could use all their strong parts to refine the SRA platform into a stand alone machine that has no Equal.

How hard would it be? They already have the engine, Drivetrain, & Frame, just refine it with more power, better dependability and better suspension. Hopefully that is not too much to ask.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

I just have seen the lever a little hard to reach when your off in the snow stuck and your pushing your machine. You can't pull the lever, push the gas and still push the quad. where as the Arctic Cat 650 the rider was able to just flip the diff lock and be off the machine and help push it along. Another instance is where your winching up a hill. it would be hard to push the winch button hold the brake levers and pull the diff lock in too.

I don't see why people complain about the MacPhersion struts. I think they handle ever bit as nice as the shocks and adding dual rate springs with preload collars is a lot cheaper then buying aftermarket shocks. I was even reading 3&4 wheel action on their latest shootout (under 7K quads). They complained by saying that Suzui and Honda had a better front end setup just because they put shocks and Polaris and Kawasaki weren't as good. Then in the tests the Kawasaki and Polaris took top honors in every category. They even said how they liked the handling and precise steering from the BF650. What happened to the crappy front end? I'll take the front strut setup anyday. I just wish they would put a preload collar on them.

For Suzuki, I think they would do well by keeping the Twin Peaks in their line up. Except add the BF 650 Plastic in Yellow and Blue again.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'd be happy if Warn would catch up on the 2005 accessories.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

Ya know, even a "lever lock" for the front differential like on the parking brake would be helpful!

Old 03-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: cc1999
I would settle for just the motor, everthing else is available from the aftermarket. I say that because if they did that whole list it would weigh 900lbs and drive the cost up to 9 or 10 grand. I am with ya on CDI, the cost and weight would not be effected by a better performance tuned CDI.
Would be good to see- the KFX450, the Tecate reincanated you might say. This is getting good, just like back in the 80's, before our good freinds at the CPSC nearly killed off our sport. And speaking of useless government branches, due to our good friends at the EPA 2- strokes are going the way of the Do Do Bird come 2006.....................

Old 03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

TTaylor
Suzuki missed the "OSCAR" by not putting the twinpeaks engine in the Quad. If they did Alot of Kawi owners qould have made the switch. Myself included. Funny thing in life....only opinion that matters the most is the one that makes you happy!!! Right now I'm happy with my 02 650 or until some new Quad comes along that has all the features we just discussed.

HELLO KAWASAKI!!

Old 03-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ttaylor
I just have seen the lever a little hard to reach when your off in the snow stuck and your pushing your machine. You can't pull the lever, push the gas and still push the quad. where as the Arctic Cat 650 the rider was able to just flip the diff lock and be off the machine and help push it along. Another instance is where your winching up a hill. it would be hard to push the winch button hold the brake levers and pull the diff lock in too.

I don't see why people complain about the MacPhersion struts. I think they handle ever bit as nice as the shocks and adding dual rate springs with preload collars is a lot cheaper then buying aftermarket shocks. I was even reading 3&4 wheel action on their latest shootout (under 7K quads). They complained by saying that Suzui and Honda had a better front end setup just because they put shocks and Polaris and Kawasaki weren't as good. Then in the tests the Kawasaki and Polaris took top honors in every category. They even said how they liked the handling and precise steering from the BF650. What happened to the crappy front end? I'll take the front strut setup anyday. I just wish they would put a preload collar on them.

For Suzuki, I think they would do well by keeping the Twin Peaks in their line up. Except add the BF 650 Plastic in Yellow and Blue again.
TTAYLOR, I am with you all the way, I actualy prefer the smoth ride of the struts VS a-arm shock setups, the front suspension on the BF750i is stiff and to me makes the whole quad seem rough riding compared to the P's/BF650/twinpeaks setup. I also realy like imcarlile's idea for a lever lock on the parking brake. I also think Susuki should do just like you said update the twinpeaks with the new BF plastic in the same blue and yellow colors they offer now. By using the BF650 setup they could differentiate it more from there KQ by lowering the price to the BF650 level and making it so they are not offering 2 700's in there lineup. Not that a 750 twinpeaks would hurt my feeling though I might have to have one maybe even 2 of those.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

Sound like most everyone wants what is already available in aftermarket products.

I would love to have instant engagement on my 4wd, and maybe a 450cc on the BF750 set-up. I think it would be a great trail riding bike, much better than the P360. Enough power to get you there and back, yet not so much that you have to refuel every time you get back!

Sorry cc1999. I see you asked for 2006 product info from Kawasaki, yet it seems to have turned into a WISH LIST!

Quick Reply: Any news on 2006 products