Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any news on 2006 products

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news on 2006 products

Does anyone have any news yet on 2006 products from Kawi, Particulary ute class. BF 750 SRAs, EFI or 800s ect, ect, ect, spring is almost here. Just wondering whats comming this year.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

KFX450

Old 03-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

BF 750 SRA would be really nice

Old 03-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

It sure would be. I wish they would consentrate on what they do best and stop trying to copy everyone else. I still feel all they needed this past year was the 750 in the SRA chassis and a they would have been still rated top dog. ATV action I think it was, still ranks the P700 as #2 only to the KQ beating out the BF750i. IMO, EFI or the 750 motor alone would have let them hold onto the title. I hope they are listening to our wants. Its not like we are asking for a whole new quad just keep bumping the power on what works. Now that they fixed most of the little plastic problems with the new BF650 plastic, now they just need to offer the larger motor and maybe EFI at some point, IMO they will have a class leading combo for several years to come.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to see a new KFX 450. If it is as good as the YFZ and 450r I can replace my wife's Kodiak 450 with a KFX 450. Sport quads seem to match our riding style much better. The wife always seems to be bringing up the rear on her Kodiak, and she might just like the better handling and lighter weight of a sport quad.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Kawisaki Listen UP! I'm no rocket Scientist but LISTEN TO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT

To regain your #1 Title is Very Simple.
Working with your BF 650 Platform:
Replace the 650 engine with 750 engine & add Dual air Snorkels
Add Stiffer springs to Front and Better/stronger Struts & rear Shock
Add better differential seals
Beef up Front Differential & 4 x4 Solenoids
Add Greasable/zerks to A-Arm bushings, Ball joints, Swing Arms, steering knuckles & front wheel bearing
Waterproof swing arm & Swing arm bearings
Add stronger tie rods
Retune the CDI to maximize power
Replace Dunlops with Goodyear Rawhides on the Factory Team Green Wheels
Enlarge the rear storage compartment but make it dry storage with waterproof drain and top cover
Redesign the front Bumper so that its stronger and an inch wider than the front plastic
and move the Winch mount bracket higher on the bumper & out of the mud/crud

Old 03-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I would settle for just the motor, everthing else is available from the aftermarket. I say that because if they did that whole list it would weigh 900lbs and drive the cost up to 9 or 10 grand. I am with ya on CDI, the cost and weight would not be effected by a better performance tuned CDI.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

People say that the kfx450 was made to smoke the yfz and the R. Dont know how true it is thoe..

Old 03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

tuffenuff,
It is funny you would ask for geaseable zerks. Polaris had it on their quads for several years and all people did was comlain about having to grease the machine. That is one reason they went to a non-greaseable bushing.

I am not so sure I am sold on the SRA quads. I am a fan of the IRS. For me if they would put the IRS on the 650 they would have a complete winner. I also prefer the diff locking switch that Arctic Cat and Suzuki added instead of having to pull another leaver. Its is nicer to just flip the switch when you need the diff locked. and flip it back when it isn't needed. Another thing would be to upgrade the brake lines to braided stainless steel. and have a park feature in the transmission instead of just on the brakes. Also if they would lengthen the front struts on the 650 to around 8" of travel and add a dual/triple rate spring setup. A little larger tank would be nice too. I think it was nice they added the BF650 and kept the price in the 500cc class.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Kawi did listen to us last year! Everyone was screaming about a bigger motor and IRS. Well we got it and all of a sudden it wasn't quite what we wanted. (It didn't dominate all of the magazines reviews at least)

I think KAWI could smoke one out of the park if it just fixed what was wrong with what they already had. How about a 4wd system that engaged when already stuck, how about some real shocks on the best handling sport ute instead of those crappy stuts, or a less maintenance involved belt system, what about a belt warning light that just flashed instead of leaving you in a bind while climbing a hill, or put some REAL frickin tires on these things... screw the 602 lb limit. Give us some more of the same great v-twin power in a variety of systems (I know they already are but they all suffer from the above mentioned flaws). In my mind if Kawi fixed the above issues the rest of the big bores would be playing catch-up for quite a while, instead one of the others will introduce a killer motor and drop it into an already good platform and Kawi had better look out.
I absolutley LOVE my P700 but my buddies don't understand why I wrench on it all of the time. It is because I have to.

Sorry for ranting
Chris

Quick Reply: Any news on 2006 products