Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Do these modules really help alot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these modules really help alot?

I am considering getting a module for my stock 04 P700. Do they do alot and what performance will I see? What is the difference in the brands? High lifter is $109 and the DG is about $140?

Old 03-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't tell you about the DG because I don't have one or personally know any one who does. However I had a module from hilifter on my bike and it is by far the best bang for the buck your gona find. On their web site you'll see warning labels and the same warnings are on the box, saying it will provide wheel standing performance. We'll I can tell you from first hand experience the will. the hole shot is very strong and will help you til you hit about 30or35. I only replaced mine because I bought the cdi from dynatek.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Range Rover

Thanks
What did the dyna ignition do for you that the HL module was not doing?? aren't they like $250 ?

Old 03-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Dyna cdi permits performance past the low end all the way through to rev limit which is also raised to 9500 I believe. The cdi gets rid of the belt reminder limp mode plus no reverse limiter as well. The big thing is plug and play you don't have to cut wires to install a module.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

I went with the dg5 and never looked back. The dyna cdi seems to be hit and miss and nobody never has explained why some people get good ones and some people get bad ones over and over? When the cdi works, it will help for those last 2mph on top, but that is a lot of money for something hard to use a lot. I mean I rarely go the 68mph I can go now.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

Thanks
I think the cdi is more than I care to spend, I noticed that DG just has a DG3 listed on their site.. how is the DG5 different??
Also why didn't you go with the Highlifter model its about $40 cheaper isn't it .. Is there a difference and how?

Old 03-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I too can attest to that , I put the HL ICM in my 02 prairie 650 and also had the red epi spring. sit on the air filter and hit it for awesome fast take offs and wheelies,be careful you can flip. The power is only good on low to mid range , if you want better top you will have to get the Dyna ignition , but the p700 is good enough on top already, for the money diff. I would go with the HL ICM. You will be satisfied. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

The icm is like the old dg holeshot, it is really big, only three wires and tweaked for bottom end. The dg5 is newer than dg3 and replaced it so i dont know about a dg3. The dg5 has a proceser and function light and most of all the built in switch. It was tweaked for power for low and more mid than hl's icm. Since I had to spend over 100 dollars for the icm, i spent 30 more to get the state of the art one. I still saved half of what the cdi cost.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Range Rover

why would i want to turn it off with a switch?

Old 03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

RAPTOR... 1 week after I put the original Holeshot module on my quad... I raced a hare screamble race... I came to a very steep hill, & some sport quads were jambed up on the hill... the guy in front of me, hit the throttle, & attempted to pass on the side... I grabbed a big hand full of throttle, & was intending on following him...

... the next thing I knew... I was rolling end over end backwards down the hill... now I wouldn't have turned off the module, for a race, even if the old one did have a switch... but I will say, that the acceleration potential of the V Twins, with either the modules or CDI, is eye opening to say the least... if you have inexpirienced riders on your quad, or are doing extreme riding, you may choose to turn it off for safer operation...

as to which is better ??? ( now there are 6-8 brands of modules )... I'd personally buy the DGR or High lifter modules... they both seem to function better, or at the very least, as good as any other module, & their customer service is awesome... i.e. DGRTECH regularly posts on some of the other kawi forums, that allow that sort of thing... I have tested several with a wheelie bar, on an asphalt drag strip, & found both of these modules, & the Dyna CDI to offer very much improved acceleration... the CDI also offers a stronger middle & top end... ( the stock CDI at best offers 28* of timing advance, & the Dyna CDI offers 33* of timing advance )... also the stock CDI begins to retard the timing at just over 3/4 throttle, all the way to full throttle... the Dyna CDI does not retard the timing at the top end or the bottom end...

IMO, they all offer a great improvement, & IMO, are all worth the money, for different reasons...

BTW... a search, may turn up my original or second drag strip testing of all of the modules / CDI's that were available at the time...

Quick Reply: Do these modules really help alot?