Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Who we are........

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who we are........

Let's take just a moment to look at ourselves- no, not down there- and think why we ride these things they call ATV's. I know I'm a lchild of the 80's, weaned on 3 wheelers, refuse to grow up but now ride a quad because the CPSC dictates that I don't have enough common sense to ride a 3 wheeler without injuring myself. I don't wanna grow up- maybe I should work at Toys R us... Hmmmm
So who else grew up on 3 wheels?

Old 03-29-2005, 03:04 PM
BRT
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep I did.
Had a ATC (back before they were ATVs) Honda 110. Awesome bike
185S then to the 200X and the bad boy 250 R . We used to take CR 125 MX engines and bolt on the 250R frame
so we could run 12 yr old and under Open class on dirt ovals.
Yep 11 yrs old RACING a 250 R Three wheeler.

Imagine a CR motor against a bored out 110 or Tri Moto 125.

I remember the first 4 wheeler I saw I think was a Suzuki Trail Runner or something like that.
Bout a 250 cc . UGLY UGLY UGLY.
Oh yeah back in about '85 or '86 if you had a 4 wheeler you were a big wuss.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

not me... I lived on a farm... we had the little ( no suspension ) mini bikes & such, as little kids, but I got my 1st car on my 13th birthday ( an old '63 Rambler station wagon, with bad tie rod ends, that shook at 40 mph on the road )... I switched to 4 wheels then, & never looked back... sure I've had a few motorcycles, but as far as recreation goes, I came from the 4 X 4 trucks... this state has litterally no place to off road ride trucks, & even though we don't have an over abundance of ATV, there are at least a handfull of trails within 2 hours drive of where I live...

besides... you 3 wheeler guy's are crazy...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I had a Honda ATC 110, I wouldn't trade my current day quad for that one in a million years, but it sure was cool/fun back then. I'm still amazed that they are allowed to make ATVs in todays sue-your-***-at-the-drop-of-hat world. I think they should be able to make three wheelers and four wheelers and that if you get hurt it's your own damn fault. Yes, they're dangerous, but who ever said we had to remove all danger from the world? a lot of things are dangerous. hair dryers are dangerous if you do the wrong thing with them.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2005BF750
a lot of things are dangerous. hair dryers are dangerous if you do the wrong thing with them.
Yeah- if you stick it in the wrong place, LOL.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

In 1985 my parents bought two new big red 250es's at this time I was 3 years old and we still today have them and I would bet anybody a million dollars right now that either of those three wheelers sitting outside in the snow bank would start right up probablly better then the prairie that was run last night and is sitting in the shed, whereas the three wheelers haven't been started since last fall. I grew up on those things and have beat the living crap out of them for many years and they have never given us a problem and still run great. They actually still look pretty clean considering the number of times I have flipped them and the number of things I have hit with them. I still say ATC's are king! Later, Seth

Old 03-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

I too am a child of the 80's. My first three-wheeler was a blue Yamaha Tri-moto 200. No suspension in the back so it was like ridding a bronco when you got going over the whoops. Graduated to a Black Yamaha 225DX tri-moto. This was much better with the suspension in the rear, but after a while I out grew the speed. Next the almighty black, duel headlight Tri-Z 250. This thing flew, almost broke my back on it. Very fun machine. Then we all realized when one of my friends got his Quad sport 250 that 4 wheels were better at handling tight trails and mud. I do still wish I had that Tri-Z.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm- the black 225 DXK; Slick Black Cadillac. That's what Dirt Wheels said about it back in the day. Yeah- those Tri- Z's where real killers, ya had to take the seat off to fill the gas tank, right? There's on for sale on ebay right now, it looks cherry.............

Old 04-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Who

Old 04-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

Kwacker,
Yep you had to take the seat off and plastic cover to fill it. This was a good idea since you would always slide up the seat. Those little ridgies that were on the top of the seat didn't stop you well. It's a good thing the gas cap wasn't there on a few occations, otherwize I may not be a father right now. This machine did teach me not to armorall my seat any more.

Quick Reply: Who we are........