Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Spray paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:07 PM
oc
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray paint

Have a Kawasaki 360 Priaire, Green. I had to heat up the front bumper to bent it back into shape. Does anyone know where I can purchase a can of spray paint that would match. Any help.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Range Rover
Default Spray paint

Dealership?? Would be the first place I'd try.

Old 04-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Spray paint

I checked at dealership for touch up paint for mine and told me it was considered extremely over-price at near $30.00. I went to NAPA and found a Dup.color spray that was very near the color. Proably couldn't tell if you weren't looking. Good luck!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Spray paint

Originally posted by: oc
Have a Kawasaki 360 Priaire, Green. I had to heat up the front bumper to bent it back into shape. Does anyone know where I can purchase a can of spray paint that would match. Any help.
If its not totally shot and just a little white from the bending you may be able to get it to look good by just lightly sanding the discolored area with a fine sand paper. It has worked on the blue plastics on my warrior.

just for the record anyone who spends $30 on a can of spray paint needs to seek professional help ASAP

Old 04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Spray paint

pj1 makes it in kawasaki green for the frame or whatever for 8 bucks from the rocky mountain catalog or from pj1.com its susposed to be an exact mach

Old 04-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default Spray paint

Check with a local body shop, I know here in Seattle there are a couple of body shop supply houses that will mix exact match paints and put them in a spray can for you. Around $15.00 I am told.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Spray paint

Originally posted by: tencubed
Check with a local body shop, I know here in Seattle there are a couple of body shop supply houses that will mix exact match paints and put them in a spray can for you. Around $15.00 I am told.

Wow those guys wont even talk to you for $15 around here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Range Rover
Default Spray paint

Well professional help or not, the only place you can get exact color matched paint for Kawasaki stuff and most other brands is from a company called color-rite (www.color-rite.com). If you dealer had his act together he'd have told you this. Yes, it is $30.95 for a 10 oz can of spray paint. Of course they strongly advise using their primer ( I think it was $16 per can) and thier clear-cote........
You'll have about $60 for the stuff from them and shipping and such.
Gouging at it's finest if you ask me. They got us over a barrel and are taking full advantage of it.
When I rebuilt and added on to my rack on my Brute, I went the smarter route and just picked another color...

Old 04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Spray paint

MikeAmes,
Just curious what mods you did to your rack? I also am contemplating some rack mods, thinking about extending the rear and decking both with expandable sheet metal. Do you have any pic's?

Old 04-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Spray paint

I just figured out how to put pics on my profile, you can check out the rack there. I also discovered I had like six private mails that I didn't know were there....
I expanded my front rack for two reasons. To keep the fuel cell from hanging over the edges of the rack I made it more rectangle shaped. To help protect the lights I made the part that goes down around each light.
I already broke one of the head lights just bumping the fender up against a dirt bank (I was deep in a BIG rut). A new healight goes for about $60 and the bulb is like $20 and can only be had from the stealers... Fixed the light, but h2o got in and blew the bulb.
Hopefully the mods to the rack will prevent that in the future.
The likes on the rack are PIAAs. BRIGHT!!! I have set up to come on only with the highbeams via some relays which I put under the seat.
Send pics of yours when you get it done...

Quick Reply: Spray paint