Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF750 raced 800sp and KQ700 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF750 raced 800sp and KQ700 yesterday

Judging by the price of a Polaris, your paying for those tires, I'd rather choose my tires anyway.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

no reason for sly remarks.....

I paid what I was willing to pay for the machine I wanted. Period. You chose what you wanted. I got a lot more than just tires also. I got storage, aluminum wheels, efi etc. each quad has it's faults. I am not a polaris only guy. I ride with a lot of different people with different bikes.

Truely Kawasaki could have done you guys a little better with at least a little wider and taller tire (for the same price)

Just like Polaris could have actually made those huge storage areas on our new quads water tight from the factory. I was very disappointed when I washed my bike an opened the trunk and water was in there rusting my little tool bag. They made these compartments in a 2 piece design and they are not sealed. Thats ok though. I have silicone waiting for a nice day to take care of that.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: ryankmiller
no reason for sly remarks.....
Truely Kawasaki could have done you guys a little better with at least a little wider and taller tire (for the same price)

Didn't mean anything as a sly remark, its a fact in my mind. Same price? What machines are you comparing? I got these MSRP's off the internet. I know they sell for less, but there is still a $1000 difference.

800sp MSRP $8599
750BF MSRP $7599

My point is, thats your being charged another $1000, I hope your getting something for that, yeah accessories and tires, wheels. To each his own man, if you got what you want thats cool. I know I do. I"m not slinging mud here, just trying to understand the Polaris price rationale. I won't even start my negative list on the Polaris, I don't have enough room here.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

seems you jumped to the offensive side quickly. My statement was "Truely Kawasaki could have done you guys a little better with at least a little wider and taller tire (for the same price)" As in they could given a better set of stock tires for the money that was paid for the quad......Not polaris is the same price as a BF. BTW I paid 1G less than that retail.

Honestly I did ride the BF that I raced before I bought my quad. I loved the power. the torque was amazing. I just wasn't comfortable with the high stance. and the 3 wheeling on quick turns in the trail. I liked my brothers 700 EFI it felt a little more stable to me. You sit a little lower. This is something I am used to being I came from a sport quad. After I did get my 800 we set it next to the bf, and I do sit a little lower seated, but my bike looks a little wider. Then I fell in love with the new look with the Red and black. Ohh BTW did you see the Team Green plastic for your BF. BOY THAT LOOKS AWSOME!

Does any of you guys bike still pop through the intake or exhaust. Where ever it is coming out of. My buddies was sent back to the dealer to get fixed and his still does it.

no hard feelings here....

Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Have you ever rode a Prairie? Coming from a sport quad, maybe you would like the better handling of the Prairie. I just don't care for any IRS myself, no matter which brand, they are higher, and roll on corners. To me its like off roading with truck and a camper in the box.

Most everyone gets their machines $1000 off MSRP if you buy it at the right time, even less.

The BF popping is from incorrect needles from the factory (Depending on location). If he has a good honest dealer, he will admit there is a Bulletin on replacing or shimming the needles to eliminate the popping. Some dealers are denying this, some just dont' know. NYROC's website is a good source of info for the fix.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I rode the 650 Prarie. Very fast machine as well. I had my eye on the team green 700 they came out with. A few of my friends have these machines already, I wanted something a little different. The IRS isn't that bad on the 800. The torque realy makes the quad slide on the trail around tight turns. Now pick up the speed a little and go around a dusty turn and it is a different story. The BF seems to handle it better than I can. I do get some push on that situation. That prarie is like a sport quad on fast and tight turns that thing slides good with a little snap of the throttle. It also sits a lot lower than the 800 and BF. I was very tempted on the Team green one.......It's something about that green.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Twinman, That was one of the best and most accurrate reports I have ever heard,all 3 of those machines are awesome and although the sp800 is a little high priced they all trade off something for speed or comfort , mind you I am not a polaris man but the ride is excellent. The BF is just simply the most powerful and meanest SOB out there, me being the optimist that I am wonder if that KQ700 was a 750 WOWWA! with the stability now that would be awesome!and if oranges were apples we would have pie,sorry just thinking out loud again.Anyway GREAT REPORT!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

Ive been leaving the competion in the dust with the brute also, i love there faces when i roll up beside them and tear away spitting up dirt.
do you feel any shaking or vibrating in the front end on your brute?

Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

my buddie gets a little noise in the steering. That and he has some issues getting in 4wd if he is on a hill and has no traction and is up close to something. Not a normal situation, just happens to get in that situation some times. It seems like he has to be able to roll forward a little way for it to lock in 4wd. This usually happens going down hill and trying to turn around and running out of turning room and coming close to a tree or something. By then he has no rolling room to get the 4wd locked to reverse himself back enough to complete the turn.

Still he is very fast.....I can't seem to touch him in the midrange bursts. That V really pulls good from a roll. Give me a mile and I'll catch him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I jsut dread the day he puts tire on it. I won't know what to do.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:49 AM
Range Rover

Glad to hear somebody has a fast BF750. I cant even keep up with a 700 Polaris with this sick pig of mine. Maybe tomorrow the dealership will finally fix it. I hope!!

Quick Reply: BF750 raced 800sp and KQ700 yesterday