Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Service Bulletin didn't work now what???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Bulletin didn't work now what???

I would love to meet up, always looking for new places to ride. However this week-end I have a prior commitment. Let me know the next time your going and we can arrange a meeting place. Frackville, if it's the same Frackville I'm thinging of, is only 1hr from me. It is right outside Pottsville-correct?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

Thats the RIGHT Frackville. We ride every weekend however I can only make it every other weekend. I have been up the past 3 weekends and this weekend maybe my last for about 2 weeks. The BF needs a break!!!

Old 05-11-2005, 03:49 AM
Range Rover

Dont even mess with the dealer, Buy a Dyno Jet kit and follow installation directions close. This will fix all of your problems and you will gain unreal throttle response. My dealer jacked with mine until I got the dyon jet. They are only about 60 bucks on ebay. And this is a great start to other mods you might want to pursue. You will have all of the support in the world as you install this jet kit, just shoot me e mails as you go and I will walk you through it.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer

cool i live just outside wilkesbarre pa. nanticoke to be exact there's lots of trails here but i've dune them all and it gets boring i heard there's some awsome stuff in shamokin pa. ever ride there

Old 05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Husky
Determined you do not have a vaccum leak (hose not connected where it suppose to be in airbok), manifold Leak (carb boots on tight & manifold boot not torn), or Exhaust leak (header bolts & exhaust canister tight & not leaking at the flanges). Then ensure nothing/debris, rubber flange is blocking your air snorkel/intake. Make sure your air filter is not over-oiled, all ducts to airbox has tight clamps, and airbox is properly attached to carbs and mount bolts are all in & tight.

Ensure your fuel switch is fully on & choke fully off after warm up.

Next I'd try shimmming your needles in .20 increments if you have had needles replaced by tech bullitine. Off idle to half throttle is in your needle setting. Visit
http://www.smellofdeath.com/lloydy/jetting.htm Answers most of your jetting questions[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] While you got the carb slides out, also ensure, your rubber vaccum flanges in carbs do not have a pin hole or torn, rubber flange is properly installed & ensure your slide springs & all airbox connections are properly connected/tight during reassembly.

Happy Trails,

Tuff

Old 05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

guyz looking to ride

paboys.com dedicated to ne pa

Old 05-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

If you can't get the Brute running correctly, I am in Mahanoy City, PA.

You may have even stopped for gas at my place. it is the Exxon on top of the Mountain.

I'm just 1 exit north of Frackville, I have a Dynojet Dyno and can jet it perfectly on there.

I guess you ride with Speedy and Mike out of Motel 6???

I rode with them last year numerous times.

I can help if interested. 1-570-773-1721

John

Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

V Force John I have heard your name many times from Speedy. You must be like a ICON in those parts. Yes I have been up almost every weekend with Speedy and Mike. I have my bike at Ray Wilts right now and the news is not any better. They have no idea of what is making this spit and sputter noise and backfiring. I can cruise along at 26mph and pin it and it will fall on its face making a loud bellowing sound and then it will pick back up and then its back to bellowing again. It does this surge thing until I reach 50 and thats about as fast as she wants to go. I am the guy the was knocked out for about 5 hours while riding with Mike. I dont even remember the Shamokin Comm. Hospital trip. But like I tell Mike Hey I took it like a man. I somehow managed to ride my quad to an unknown location were I was taken to the hospital. Face is almost healed and the stitches have been removed. I will shoot you an IM shortly as my dyno jet kit just arrived today. I bought it off Ebay!!!

Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

My dads '02 p650 did the same thing, still dus when its cold. we ordered a new needle from I can't remember where but it wasn't an OEM replacement and that helped. we also shimmed it and that took care of it, it only dus that when its cold now. If I had to bet its a $h!ty needle ( taper is off just a little) and it dusn't seat properly. Try the dyno jet kit, if that dusn't help you have me baffled.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

Well Ray Wilt is the 3rd dealership that I have taken my bike to. Ray Wilt seems to think that the carbs are dirty however they only say they think this is the problem and they will charge me 2 hours shop labor of $65/hr. As far as the needle shims go they had told me earlier that they wanted to try this but now they do not. Kawasaki advised me to go ahead and pay Ray Wilt the money and have them clean the carb. and if this does not fix the problem at least that is out of the way. Kawi will not re-imburse me for my out of pocket cost even though its documented that this bike has been doing this since NEW. I feel right now that I have been screwed every which way but Sunday. Very upsetting to have this handled this way. I am sure it will work out in the end for somebody.

Quick Reply: Service Bulletin didn't work now what???