Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is Dynatek CDI Still having problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Dynatek CDI Still having problems...

they're awesome man! best buck I ever spent. how can people say that the VDI is better when its not even out yet?????? screw waiting, getcher self some real power now!

Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

2005, everybody has opinions. Like I said just my 2 cents.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

oh, you had to wait a month for a replacemant? that would suck. after having this Dynatek in there I dont' think I could go a month without one lol I would probably buy the VDI just to try it and so I would always have a backup. what kind of warranty are on these things, anybody know? I bought mine off ebay and didnt really pay attention. incidentally, do the stock Kawi CDI boxes ever fail?

Old 05-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I hear everyone talking about the multiple timing maps on VDI module, but to program it you have to buy and interface kit and software for big money. I know the Dyna CDI is optimized for my machine and type of riding, it works great.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

I cant wait to race someone with the vdi cdi to see if it is any better than the dyna. As long as the race is over at 65mph I can stay with a dyna brute. His top end is 72mph mine at 70MPH. I think for those bent on top end the way to go is to use the dg5 for cheap power and spend the money you save on machining the cvt. I rode a prairie 700 with only a pipe, dg5, and the cvt mod and it went 75mph before I ran out of room. I think the top end cdi talk is a lot of smoke blowing sometimes. Getting some for gearing is the ticket. Just my few cents.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

racing is all about quickness, not about top end [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't know many places off road to actually get a Brute up to 70MPH lol

Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with 2005BF750, I don't think I have ever raced to over 50mph. Its nice have the ability to go 65 or 70, just so when you are doing 55 you are not winding out the machine.

I know someone going to say you purchased a utility machine why are you racing, my reply to that would be I got a P650 for its versatility I can mud with it or crank down a fire road or plow snow. The key is I wanted a machine that would do it all fairly well and that is what the Prairie has given me, racing just happens to be one of the things I like to do.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

We offer a couple of things the Dyna does not:
I pulled this qoute from VDI. It sounds like the new VDI should be very cool, but that is just my opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

1) On the fly, dual switchable maps. So you can run a hot map, and a stock one, or one map for premium fuel, one for regular, etc etc.
2) You can independantly program the limp mode, reverse override and low speed retard for both maps.
3) Four programmable outputs that switch at user selectable RPMS (for a shift light, NOS, etc.)
4) Ability to modify the timing for different operating temperatures. In colder weather, you can run more advance for more power, but not in extremely hot weather.
5) 1 Year Warranty

As for more performance, it depends on altitude and environment. The Dyna has a generic curve. We give you the power to modify your curve to allow you to get more power out of your modifications. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

I installed the Dyna CDI early this year. And it reaaly rips....

But last week in Nevada, while just puttin around at 5 mph, all of a sudden the thing ran on one cyclinder.....

Well, I pulled the stock one out of the fender bag, thank god I kept it there, and sure enough, the Dyna took a crap...

It's only got 500-700 miles on the Dyna......And I guess I'll call them tommorrow and get them to "support" me.....

Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Had my Second unit since Jun of the year it was released. Still drags the bumpers if you don't get off the throttle. All the power you can manhandle on the trails. Very quick to 60MPH, over 50MPH+ in LOW. VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY happy with the POWER. Instant ROOST, WHEEL-STANDING, $hit-eating-Grin when you peg the throttle.

One of my buddies has a Rincon and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONTEST.

A Stock Machine with a DYNA will out accellerate a Prairie with PIPE, Filter, and aftermarket CLutch mods.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is Dynatek CDI Still having problems...