Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone here like their KFX700? Need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here like their KFX700? Need some opinions

Originally posted by: BlasterMan159
from what i undestand the kfx 700 is an AUTOMATIC sport quad.. now to me that seems stupid because it would get blown away by other quads like preddy, and raptor because of that tranny... and its 2wd.
And your opinion is based on???

Old 05-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know, I think the Kawi is a great quad. I really wish someone would produce something in between the big 700 and the small Polaris Phoenix. If JohnnyZ71 ends up ditching his Pred, I am sure he would get along nicely with the V. It does seem to be a step backwards in weight and handling prowess though.

Hey, here is another solution- pricey but I have heard a lot of happy customers for this product. Be forewarned, it also sounds like you will go through clutches faster. Rekluse

Randy

Old 05-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I have a race DS and own 2 V's. The V is a very fun bike. It is the fastest thing around for the first 150 feet. After that it runs out of top speed. Don't get me wrong it stills goes about 70mph. The auto is great just did a 5 hour trail ride and took the V. All my buds wish they had the V this weekend. Remember the auto just goes with the gas so you don't waste time shifting and there is no miss shifts. Go out and ride one you will love it. It is a big bike but does feel very light and nimble.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

Scooter,

Is that Z-clutch like the tap shift transmissions in cars today? Basically, you don't pull the shift lever in, but just tap the shifter and it shifts for you? That sounds pretty cool if that is what it does. I am glad you are my neighbor!! I heard you met Jasmine the other day, I was taking a nap, I was beat from work. If you see the truck, stop by. I know I sound like I am bashing the Predator. I am not trying too, I LOVE this thing, it is great!!! The only thing is, my buddies talked me into getting it because they knew how I liked to ride motorcycles and usually I am a nutcase on these things. Another reason is that I need to get used to it, I have only had it out like 6 times. The KFX 700 looked great because it was the V-Twin and fully auto. Plus it sits a little higher than the Pred. That is my main problem with the Pred, the low height. I get hung up on the ruts and deep trails. No biggie though because summertime is pretty much here which means tons of fun. I am definitely going to get a Sportsman for the early winter and early spring so that I can do some mudding on the trails. I'll be honest here, I am never going to be racing the Preddy or going to any tracks to do those crazy jumps. I just wanted something fast and that handled awesome, which is what the Preddy does. I just sometimes think I should have done some more research and gotten something a little more suited to me instead of me becoming suited to the Preddy. I still love it and after a summer of riding and getting used to it, maybe I will have to start hitting the mx tracks.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Basicaly, with the z-start auto clutch, you still shift with your foot like normal, but have the option of using the clutch or not. This mod would eliminate your low speed stalling also. The bike basically is in 'neutral' when below a certain RPM, so it won't stall. Then, when you hit the gas the clutch kicks in and off you go. I think it is cool you guys live close by also, I hope we can hook up and ride together soon. Your wife seems real cool, too.