Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki reliability

Is the BF 650 as good as Honda as far as reliability goes? I really want a BF 650.........planning on buying one tomorrow.................unless someone here can talk me out of it

Old 05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not going to say the kawasaki is as reliable as a honda. Honda works hard on there reliablility aspect. But i will say kawasaki is very reliable and it makes me and many others happy to own one. The majority of complaints of kaw is that the belt is bad. Not true. If you use it right it is great. BY this i mean use LOW gear as much as possible. I use low gear to load it, move just a little bit, etc. Any time your on the trails use low and your be fine. You wont have any problems from it, its a great atv. Peace

Old 05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I am sure there are plenty of BF650 owners here with some input ...........Cmon! I am getting ready to put out almost six grand tomorrow..........

Old 05-31-2005, 02:01 AM
rv
Pro Rider

im heading to my local dealer to pick one up this week and am verry interested in this topic also
so i should use low a lot how fast is it in low? and how fast in high? and does bigger tire s afect this.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't use low as much as some suggest on my 02 Prairie or my Brute. I think common sense should dictate usage. A person can tell when things are bogging down or speeds are too slow. I do use low on long steep climbs,fully loaded on grades, loading, plowing, pulling, etc. Heck, if I used low on trail rides, I would never get to use high anywhere. My quads don't really see a lot of miles, just hard(dust, ruts, rocks, and mountains) miles. Both have done great so far. Bought the Brute because of the Prairie and the power it has. Just needed better ground clearance (ex. look underneath my Prairie) and IRS.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

Just keep it in high and don't look back. Both my dad and my brother have 100's of miles on their prairies and they have never hardly ever seen low gear and have had zero problems. I have 400 miles on my BF 650 and have had zero problems so far and I am nearly always in high, except to ride around the farm with my two year old when I go 5 mph. We went riding in the drifts a few months back and I kept getting stuck and not making it through while my dad and bro never had a problem. I finally decided to ask what they were running in and they said HIGH and I was in LOW. I switched to high and didn't get stuck again. Use high, but like kickstand said, it little common sense goes a long way too.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Trailblazer

Using low as much as possible will add longevity to the belt life, that is all. It doesnt hurt anything to be in high and depending on conditions (fast riding, racing) high is necessary. My dad's p650 will get going pretty damn fast in low...not sure how fast top speed but well into the 30's i think. Just gets there a tad quicker...where as high seems to have no end. V's only have 1 range, but they arent meant for pulling and don't weigh as much...but i would compare D on my V as being just like H is on a prarie/brute. Usining bigger tires can and will increase belt wear, but again, just use low when you are moving at a slow to moderate pace, and high for when you want to "blow the soot out"... just my .02 cents

Trending Topics

Old 05-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

LUV my atv,here's what you can expect.

Swing arm bearings wear out,plastic scratches easy,belt adjustments very important,rims bend easy,burns alot of gas,and the incredible sensation of rippin along on a V-TWIN with a huge-a$$ smile.

I ride mountains mostly and have a lot of rock obsticles to manuover.I tweak a rim once a week.(OH WELL)

Just go buy one,take alot of pictures when it's new!!!Then go get your money's worth by riding it tons.You will not regret it!!!!

Old 05-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well I just got home with a BF650 ..........Got a good deal at $5,800.00 OTD..............Going to try it out here in just alittle bit ..................I'LL BE BACK!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Ill bet he's got a hell of a smile on his face right about now and hootin and hollerin, YEEEEHAAA!!! The 650 BF is one hell of a machine. good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kawasaki reliability