Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rear skid plate(s) for Lakota

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear skid plate(s) for Lakota

Any of you guys have aftermarket rear sprocket/disc gaurds, or does anyone make a single unit?
I'm getting tired of banging the 2 back into place every couple weeks, & I thought maybe somebody makes one I can buy online cheap. Thanks!

Old 07-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

yes the CWR and Armidillo aluminum swingarm skids are real nice and they both cost 79.99 which as as cheap as ur gonna gind em, i bought the cwr. the armidillo is .250 thick and the CWR is .190 thick but mine gets real beat up and bashed by rocks and it hasnt bent or got damaged the slightest bit, even thou the armidillo is thicker and it may hold up a slight bit better i bought mine from greg because he is very good to deal with and i know if i had a problem with it(although i doubt i will and never had) like it bending or the weld letting go i know greg would mostlikely be more then willing to help me out but with armidillo first of all it will be hard to contact them and when and if u finnally do they will tell you somthing like it broke from abuse but anyone with common sense will no thats b/s cuz of course its gonna take abuse its made to get hit by rocks i would much rather deal with greg so i would go with the CWR skid

Old 07-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

So you got the CWR- you mentioned Greg, but not where you got it; Where'd you buy it? Is there an armadillo.com? I was looking at the WhiteBros plate(79.95. free ship if order is over 99.99)- It's .190 & looks like what I want.
Any other Feedback on skids would be appreciated.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

i apoligize.....i thought you were fermiliar with greg and CWR products.........cycleworksracing is a smaller atv business out of PA that makes many parts for lakotas and more-so mojaves(greg owns it)........the website is www.cycleworksracing.net and the phone number is 717 637 1907 and u need to call to order and the payment type will probally be COD which is better then paying with a credit card IMO and if u ever need any help with ur kota greg is deifnatly the person to ask and he is extremely knoladgable, this is why i prefer to deal with him........i have never heard of the whte bros skid plate so i would assume not many people have em so u probally wont get any feed back about that skid.........i would go with a skid that has a good reputation and i would have to say the nicest and most complete skid on the market would be the DG fat series becasue it has a chain guide and is desigined nicely but not worth the 125 bucks that it cost IMO so i would still go with the armidillo or the CWR and u could check out the armidillo skid by going to rockymountainatv.com and choosing mojave then hit swingarm skid and you will see all the big company skids avalable for the mojo/lakota like DG and Armidillo

Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, cool! I'll check 'em out, Tanx 4 the tips!

Old 07-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

yeah greg is a great guy to deal with and has the best parts and stuff for mojave's and lakota's...but yeah that skid is really sweet..my Dg is beat and i gotta get a new one..thats probably the one im gonna get..its really thick and holds up great...it can sure take a beating...

Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have the armadillo skid plate .250 thick....I hit a feild rock in 4th gear pinned, hit it hard enough to lift the rear end about 2ft in the air, real strong plate.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, old thread I know, but does anyone know if the Lakota and Mojave use the same bolt patterns for aftermarket skidplates for the swingarm? More direct is the PRM skid same for Lakota and Mojave? They no longer make them and can't verify for me. Looking at Rock Mountain the part #'s for Lakota vs. Mojave skids are different, however, I'm not sure why this would be as the swingarm is the same except for being 1" longer, the carrier and everything from mid to back is the same. My buddy has a Mojave with a PRM skid he's going to give me, I just didn't know what I'm looking at for installation. Any help you guys may have would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

the skid will work fine on your lakota, i have a mojave swingar mskid on my lakota and it bolts up perfect...the 1 inch that hte lakota has is added at the front of the swinger where it bolts to the frame, not in the back so it will work fine......prm makes top notch stuff, im really disipontied that they dont make stuff for the kota and mojaves anymore....ur gettin it for free too....good deal man lol

Old 03-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Holes! That's what I was hoping for. Yeah, always liked PRM stuff, too, bad they don't make 'em anymore. And, yeah, can't beat it for free! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rear skid plate(s) for Lakota