Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawi seals SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
DOA
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi seals SUCK

I have to tell you to watch your driveshaft seal, I have put two in now and it needs a third. This inturn, (even though I had them replaced) has worn out my internal bearing on the non locker side. which inturn has worn a groove in the axle shaft from the seal from the slack produced.

The dealer said neither would be covered, I called Kawi which got the dealer to call their tech, wear item they said. I phoned back but could only get to the service dept. they will not let you talk to the tech. They again said they would not warranty the problem.

So, beware, ALL of you are in for a major cost as I, your seals will leak too, and even if you keep new ones in, the water will still do it's damage on your internal bearing and front diff.

I told them the seals were faulty, not according to the tech they said, so I say, should I change them everytime I change the oil and if so you should put that in the manual. I told him of others bikes seals that are not leaking, I told them how Kawi should be more responsible where they are the green team and it would only help Kawi sales and dependability if they improved their seals. We have no calls on our seals he says. I say well on the internet many people are having problems and they would do good to replace them.

According to you he says.

I HATE LEAKY BIKES, I CARE about the environment so I guess this is the end of Kawi for me. I'm getting out of this DO NOT CARE company and their oil leaking water ingesting machines.

Wear item, yea right, I spent many dollars maintaining this machine and it still leaks OIL.

I HATE OIL LEAKING QUADS!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi seals SUCK

DOA visit http://kod.gotdns.com. Has some good pics/instructions on seal replacement(s)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]