Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Went trail today riding with Sport Quads

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went trail today riding with Sport Quads

YEAAAAA! I love to here that , I really think that 650 is the best all around quad ever made , well then there is the 700 prairie also, but I had the same 02 650 with some mods. should of kept it.
Text

Old 07-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Mikeyboysq

My hat is off to those that race quads. You Definately need to be in shape. Man I had some sore muscles the next day that were not crash induced.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Yeah I remember that I was drag racing a Brute Force. That thing was incredible, it was dead even with me in the beginning, it beat my raptor and several YFZ's but it didn't beat my YFZ. He even posted a video in this site. Try looking for it.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: tuffEnuf
Mikeyboysq

My hat is off to those that race quads. You Definately need to be in shape. Man I had some sore muscles the next day that were not crash induced.
You got that right...XC racing is definite an endurance sport. Of the many XC races I've done so far, I have raced in 2 GNCC races and after each one of those, I was totally SORE for 2 or 3 days despite having lifted weights for a few months in preparation for these particular races. The rest of the year, I tend to skip out on the weight training for my local XC races (just too darn lazy I guess). I have seen soooo many newbies in the XC races who blow by you the first lap only to tire out and get passed by everyone (even the youth class) on the last lap or two! You have to be in shape AND also know how to pace yourself for the long haul. The quad racers that I look up to (besides GNCC'ers) is the Baja 1000 and Desert racers. Those guys go for REALLY long periods at a break neck pace before changing riders. There's nuthin' more dangerous that pushing your quad to the limits (near top-speed) while being totally exhausted and doing it for hours at a time. My hats off to those crazy guys!

happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

i wanna see this video!!

Old 08-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: thewayout420
you guys must be pretty good riders or the sport quad riders arent so good..i ride with 3 praire 650's and 2 700's,unless there is alot of mud on the trails the kawi's are always behind.if the trail is wide open they are Way behind my scrammy..
thats pretty much what i was thinking

Old 08-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: bassetboy55
i wanna see this video!!
I looked for it, and they don't have it anymore. The thread is there but no video!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Thewayout420
Think you have to take it all in perspective.

Ive been riding quads since 1986, My quad has Dyna CDI, Web Cams, Works Struts, topend clutch mod, IDS 2 Header, 700 belt, & K & N & tuned pretty good. Trails were extremely dusty/tight with few 50-200 yard straight aways. The twisty tight trails took away the top-end speed advantage of the sportquads and made it more of rider skill/quad setup.

Saying that, the sports would have to FIRST see where they are going & had to avoid the15-30 ft rock, roots, dirt-pelting ROOST every time I was hard on the throttle. PLUS, they would have to ride faster than me to catch/pass me. No Doubt if the sport quad in front of me did not run off the trail he would have beat me back to the finish. The faster quad does not always win. Frequently its a combo of setup/rider skill. On that day I had the better setup/skill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and SPANKED the sport quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went riding yesterday with a few buddies.
Me Brute 650
buddies;
02 ex 400
05 ex 400
99? yamaha something (350 or so)
and I would be right up their wahoo in the straights.. and corners too!!!
And the fun part was when no one would go in a certain area (hills or loose terain) I would put in 4X4 low and go up with ease.
They were all VERY impressed with the kaw yesterday.
All trails/hills/woods.. no MX ridings.
I also got it up to 50mph goign down a wide open area... still had more to go.. nut sure how much more.
05 brute 650 bone stock