Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My lil P650 was the ONLY UTILITY competing in local ATV Rodeo!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My lil P650 was the ONLY UTILITY competing in local ATV Rodeo!

I went to a local ATV Rodeo today and had a BLAST despite being the ONLY Utility Quad to compete in the events! What's up with that anyway? I guess the low turn-out of Utes may be due to the fact that this atv rodeo didn't offer traditional 4x4 events like sled pulls, mud bog runs, etc. Nevertheless, I entered my lil P650 in all 3 timed events including the BARREL RACE, DRAG RACE and TIMED XC EVENT. You know my motto...HAVE NO FEAR, MIKEYBOY IS HERE!!!

By far, the best part of the day was that I FINALLY got to meet and drink a cold one with CKILL & ROLLINGTHUNDER from another atv forum. Great guys and I was really impressed by their modded V-forces. RollingThunder was even nice enuf (or CRAZY enuf) to let me ride his V-force...that thing is WICKED FAST! It was almost enuf to make me want to ditch the lil P650 and buy me a V-force...well, ALMOST, but not quite.

**BARREL RACE
There were sport quads and dirtbikes EVERYWHERE I tellz ya!! I was TOTALLY SURROUNDED!!! There were about a dozen or so of them including all the usual suspects (YFZ450s, Z400s, 400EXs, Raptor 660s, Etc.) No matter, I taught those 2wd (and 1wd dirtbikes) how its done by WHOOPING THEM ALL and taking home 1st place in the Barrel Race! Whoo Hoo!!! To be honest, I was probably just as shocked when I won as everyone else. I'm sure the combo of having 4wd and auto transmission really helped me win this competition. The grass got super slick and everyone was having a hard time adjusting during our practice runs (including me b/c I had it in 2wd). Then I switched to 4wd for the actual competition and it hooked up GREAT and stopped the sliding problems I was having!

FUNNY PART --- CKILL & ROLLINGTHUNDER didn't enter this event after they found out I was going to be in it!!! But I really can't fault them for that b/c they were SMART ENUF to avoid being one of the MANY, MANY sport quad victims who lost to me in the barrel race!!! LOL

**DRAG RACE
There's no need to go into details of my results from today's DRAG RACE. Like I said above, I was the ONLY UTILITY QUAD competing today! Lets just say that it wasn't even close when I raced a Raptor 660 in the first round of the single elimination drag race today. But in reality, I'm not too dissappoitned b/c I did about as well as could be expected in a drag race against all sport quads over a LONG (approx 400 feet), slightly uphill and sandy surface. I wish I had some paddle tires...they would have come in handy in today's drag race! As for our KR Forum Buddies, RollingThunder went on to the 2nd round by beating CKILL in the 1st round...Basically, CKILL was caught sleeping at the line. Both those guys have very fast V-forces...no doubt about it. In the end, 3 YFZ450s raced together to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the drag races. Its too bad at least 1 Kaw V-twin wasn't there to claim that price.

**TIMED XC EVENT
This one was fun, but not as organized as I would have liked it to be. There were spectators riding on the course during my timed runs (and during other people's timed runs too). Also, the course was not well marked and more than a few folks got lost during their first run and then paid to race it again. I avoided this by doing a practice lap in the morning so that I would know where I was going...still, it was confusing b/c of the many trails that go back towards the middle of the ATV park. As for my results, I was told I got 4th place out of 8 atvs...there were also 2 dirtbikes racing too, but I had better times then they did...I think the sandy areas and slick turns slowed the dirtbikes down a lot.

Overall, I had a blast today and look forward to going to next year's ATV Rodeo. Also, I hope to ride with CKILL and ROLLINGTHUNDER again one of these days.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mikey

Way to REPRESENT!!!

Sounds like you had a blast!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Thanx for the kudos TuffEnuf!

It was lots of fun...but would have been much better with some more utes to compete against.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Here's a quick pic of 3 Kawi's at the ATV Rodeo. Mine is the lil Yellow P650.

http://atv.dnsalias.com/forum.cgi?vi...pic=747&show=1