Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Getting discouraged...P700 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting discouraged...P700 problems

Old 08-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

700 problems?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry, jumped the gun and did not get message in. Just getting discouaged with the break-downs that I have been having. It started this spring with a siezed master brake cylinder. I had to get it out of the woods with the rotors and pads smoking. Dealer warratied the master cylinder, but I had to pay $80cdn. per side for the brake pads. Hopefully the rotors are going to last.
Then I had the exhaust pipe snap apart at a weld. It was covered by warranty. I have had a total of 4 seals changed in the front differental. Again under warranty. Also the differental lock was broken when a spring let go inside. I had a tube slip off the bottom of one of the carbs leading to the cylinder, that was a pull over and go get the trailer, thankfully I was on woods road..easy to get to.
The week after that I snapped a tie rod. Again, cell phone a buddy to get me with his trailer. Last week the primary clutch cover had to be replaced. The bearing went in it. Got the 700 out of the shop Friday, went out Saturday and I noticed that the bike would pull bad to the left on accellaration. I thought I had a flat rear tire. I got a buddy to go along behind me. He noticed my left rear tire had a wobble. Took the bike in this Monday, rear hub was shot. The spline on the hub was worn smooth. Two weeks for delivery on that. The drive shaft seems to be alright.
This has been all within 2 months. I am getting pissed. People have problems with all makes of bikes, I would think. I do not abuse the bike. I do put alot of miles on it though, 6500 km since April\04. Thank heavens for Kawi's 3 year warranty. I am looking seriously at a trade-in for the Bomb 800. The only thing with the Bomb is that it is a brand new bike with brand new problems.
Writing this may help get the frustrations out.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Wow you must have gotten a bike started on the friday before the SuperBowl and finshed after it! I would be disgusted also.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

This is a follow-up on my latest problem concerning the rear hub. I went down to the dealer(Phil's Auto and Recreation Products) this morning inquiring into a delivery date for the hub. The service manager said it was still back-ordered to Toronto till Aug.29. BUT he said they will take a hub off a new bike and get mine out tomorrow in time for the weekend and Miller Time. It is service like this and the 3 year warranty that makes me want to stay with the P700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There is a silver lining behind every cloud afterall.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

Hey 700 reasons i agree phils has great service I bought my 360 there but keep an eye on the mechanic i dont remember his name tall skinny fella with a mustache i had my bike there for first service went into town was pulling back in there was the mechanic doing power turns on my bike on the asphalt i am no mechanic but power turns on ashphalt is pretty hard on bearings just a little heads up

Old 08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

You did get this bike new? How many miles did it have on it? Do you have a lemon law in your state?

Old 08-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

One word..... LEMON!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ agree

Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I asked if you had a lemon law in your state before I saw you were in New Brunswick. Here in the State of Colorado, you would more than qualify for lemon law application. That means money back or a new replacement.

You seem to be taking this very well by the way. Wish I could be more like that.

Quick Reply: Getting discouraged...P700 problems