Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

When is the Belt Light Supposed to come on for the Brute Force 750i?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is the Belt Light Supposed to come on for the Brute Force 750i?

It's been awhile since i've been on this site but I wanted to ask you guys out there with the Brute Force 750..........when is the belt light supposed to come on??? I thought it was supposed to come on once you put 100 hrs on the machine and from my understanding once this happens you can only ride in low and cannot use 4 wheel drive until you get the belt inspected. My BF has 110 hrs on it and about 750 miles but the light has'nt come on yet. I'm gettin ready for a 4-wheeling trip with my friends in the near future and I don't want this to happen right in the middle of riding. Any help on this would be appreciated.
-InsaneApe

Old 09-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

Wringer says:

1) remove seat, unplug black and grey 4-pin connectors
2) swap plugs, grey to black and black to grey
3) turn on ignition switch, belt light should be flashing quickly
4) disconnect 2-pin belt switch above torque converter cover, belt light should be flashing slowly
5) let flash for at least 5 seconds
6) turn off ignition switch
7) reconnect 4-pin connectors black to black and grey to grey, reconnect 2-pin belt switch
8) turn on ignition switch to confirm belt light is out

Your light will be coming on any time now. The reset procedure is quite simple and can be performed out on the trail in about 3 minutes.
Hope this helps you out.
BTW, I have only made one adjustment to my belt on my BF and I have over 1800 miles on it. Clutch system on the BF is great and the power of the BF helps on the clutch life. I doubt that you need to worry about adjustment yet.
The above tech tip came from NyRocks site.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

the belt light will come on at 100 hrs. as arkyriderone stated and that is the belt light reset procedure. however, the belt light is only a reminder i believe and that limp mode will not happen until the belt is so loose or have pieces hanging off oe such that it will trip the switch in the housing. that should be the only way that will put it in limp mode. a friend of mine has a 02 prairie with the same belt setup and he hasnt touched his in over 2000 miles. so you should be ok.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Grizzkiller is right. I forgot to mention that it will not go into limp mode. The light will come on and that is all.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine. you wont go into limp mode with the 100 hr check. Ive heard of many people saying that the 100 hr checks varies from atv to atv.

arkyriderone. you guys have a great site. I would love to come and ride with you all. How do you think your bf does compared to the rincons. It seems it does just fine.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: alwaysride
You should be fine. you wont go into limp mode with the 100 hr check. Ive heard of many people saying that the 100 hr checks varies from atv to atv.

arkyriderone. you guys have a great site. I would love to come and ride with you all. How do you think your bf does compared to the rincons. It seems it does just fine.
alwaysride, thanks. We would like to have you come on down anytime. Watch our section at ATV Nation for posted rides. The Rinnies are great machines. I rode one while my old 650 was in the shop awhile back. They ride great, plenty of power, smooth ride and steer easy. I have rode with these guys for a couple of years now and but for a bent tie rod they never have a problem. If I did not own a BF my next choice would be a Rincon.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks everyone for all the info on the belt light and limp mode. I've got about 110+ hrs on the BF and no light yet. I usually am always in low while in the woods and I've heard that this will be easier on the belt instead of riding slow in high gear. BTW, will the belt reset procedure mentioned earlier work to get the machine out of limp mode if it goes into it???

Old 09-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

yes it will the only addition to this is you must open the belt housing and flip the toggle switch on top.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey arky, how are all the rincons holding up, how many miles are on them. HOw about the kawis. have they been reliable for you. How many miles are on your bf and how many did you have on the prairie.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

Alwaysride. The Rinnies are holding up great. They all have over 2000 miles on them. My first Prairie (300) had over 8000 miles on it when I traded for the 650. It is still out there being used. The 650 had about 4000 on it. I had to put a $4000.00 motor in it. Everything new including the case except the cam shafts. Sucked silty mud completly through it. Traded it for the BF, but it is still out there running also. I have had pretty good luck with Kawi.

Quick Reply: When is the Belt Light Supposed to come on for the Brute Force 750i?