Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX700 Exhaust, and Overall Rating

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX700 Exhaust, and Overall Rating

My girlfriend has been riding my raptor for a while now, she grew up riding, and now wants to get her own bike. We were @ pismo this weekend, and I had a chance to ride an 05' 700 with an HMF full system and jet kit on it. It was very impressive, sound, power, just everything in general. The gentleman also let my girlfriend ride it, and she fell in love.

Now my questions are this: What are the great things about the bike, and the bad as well?? And what are your favorite mods for the bike??

Old 09-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorman690
My girlfriend has been riding my raptor for a while now, she grew up riding, and now wants to get her own bike. We were @ pismo this weekend, and I had a chance to ride an 05' 700 with an HMF full system and jet kit on it. It was very impressive, sound, power, just everything in general. The gentleman also let my girlfriend ride it, and she fell in love.

Now my questions are this: What are the great things about the bike, and the bad as well?? And what are your favorite mods for the bike??
Check out my mods;I am totally satisfied[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The v IS heavy,but u dont really feel it while riding.If u dont absolutely need to shift,there is really any complaining about it.If you are doing anything except hardcore mx racing,u are in the v's element.It is the best bike for trails,(no constant fanning of clutch in tite spots),and is very smooth in the dunes.As fir the bad,it drinks gas,although not bad like a banshee,and is heavy if u get it bogged(which is pretty hard due to its stock 22 inch holeshots and monster low end torque).One other thing is u have to be in pretty good shape to throw that big boy around in a tight,rough,fast trail ride.I love mine and dont think there's a better allk around bike for the price.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 700 is a very fun quad to ride. I don't miss the shifting at all. With just a few mods it will beat the 450's in a drag race. I think that it would be a great quad for the dunes, just have to watch the weight. The exhaust is the 1st thing that gets changed, then clutch spring, shocks and gas tank. Don't buy the LE plastic color, they will break very, very easy. Only get the green or orange.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys for the replies. Does anybody have anything else to say??

Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Dont take this the wrong way, but I think the 700 is 2 heavy for your girlfriend . She will be able 2 controll it but if she flips, and that thing lands on her , look out. Its gonna hurt . Look in 2 the Z400 . You can put a recluse clutch on it . That way she does not have 2 worry about a clutch , all she has 2 do is shift . She will be able 2 tackle any hill with confidence .

Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scagz
Dont take this the wrong way, but I think the 700 is 2 heavy for your girlfriend . She will be able 2 controll it but if she flips, and that thing lands on her , look out. Its gonna hurt . Look in 2 the Z400 . You can put a recluse clutch on it . That way she does not have 2 worry about a clutch , all she has 2 do is shift . She will be able 2 tackle any hill with confidence .
I agree.She could get into trouble fast in the ruff stuff.Unless she is pretty swole for a girl

Old 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer

It wont be too big of a deal. She only rides with me, so if that were to happen, I would be right there. She is a strong-a$$ girl for her size, so she can handle it. If she can handle my Raptor, then she can handle the 700 pretty good I would think.