Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New to Me VForce 700 - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Me VForce 700 - Questions

while you couldn't get my DS 650 out of my Cold Dead Hands, I did just buy an 04 Vforce.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Back Ground:
Will be ridden by my wife
New Hole shots on the back, Front rubber needs to be changed
Full T4 exhaust
Not sure on the Air Filter yet
Full under armor
Nerfs
Six pack Rack
Needs a set of plastics - I'm kind of particular

Questions:
1. Where is the best place to buy some Cobalt Blue plastics or a Set of Greenies?
2. I need a thumb trottle and cable. The guy before changed to a twist, but I'd like to bring it back to stock. any ideas?
3. What kind of things do I need to look for? Are they prone to any failures? Belt, frame, Carb, suspension???

Any knowledge you guys might be able to throw my way would be great. I would really appreciate it.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.700v.com VERY useful I use it for my brute lol

Old 09-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

#1 Try Ebay, there is/was a set on there last night. Can't say about the blue.
#2 I don't know what Kawee wants for the thumber, can't be too bad? I "might" be interested in the twister?
#3 Mine has been rock solid. Make sure the tie-rods are changed, they are junk. Heard if you get them in the water a lot to keep an eye on the swing arm bearing.

When you get some time on it come on here and tell us how you like it compaired to the DS. I would be interested in your comments.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies.... I hope that it will be a solid bike. I would love to tell you that the wife will be the only one on it, but I'm sure that I'll be roosting a bit as well. She rids VERY safely..... if you know what I mean. I'm sure the bike will be great for her. I did take it down the street tonight and was very surprised on the pickup after it gets moving. I also noticed that the monster is very twitchy. I believe the toe might be set a little on the sqirly side. I'll try to work that out in the next couple of days. I know that my DS is set to have a little toe OUT, and it's as solid at 85 as it is at 25. Yes, it'll do 85 pretty easy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Anybody feel me on the squirly feel? If not, what is your toe set at?

I'll look at Ebay for some plastics.

As far as the thumber goes.... I'll trade anyone straight or even throw in their shipping costs. I just don't want my wife (who has NEVER used a twist) getting hurt.

I will give you guys a comparo next week. going to Coral Pink Utah on Friday. I will tell you that I pretty much eat 700 for lunch at Dumont. They do get to the whoops pretty fast, but after that, I'm pretty much gone. And that is without the button. Not to dog the V out or anything, but I think the auto sucks up the hps a little more than a gearbox. I do like the motor though. It feel VERY strong!!!!! BigDaddy LIKEY!!!

Thanks for the help guys - keep it coming.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

My daughter and son drive my KFX thay love it. For the trottle I was told to use a handa 300 ex or a 400ex it pulls easer. I love my DS as well but the KFX is a much more relieable machine.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

The Ex300 or EX250 throttle will work? That can't be that easy.... can anyone confirm that?

As far as reliability goes. You're talking about the DS 650 right? I'm 6'10 and ride like I'm 5'8". I desert race this thing at about 45 - 75 all day long. I have had so much as a sqeak in 2 years. I do all my own work and have installed a piston, cams, carb, exhaust etc. etc. I have NEVER owned a better machine in my life. If the 700 holds up half as well, I'm SOLD.

I've got T4 duals on this monster. I'm not sure what kind of air filter yet.... but what should I be jetted at (mains). Also, what is the best way to get at the spark plugs???? It doesn't seem to back fire or have any anomolies in the RPM band. Very nice actually. I think I just need to open it up on the lift tomorrow and see where I'm at.

I went to the site that one of the brotheran gave me. Cool site. Kind of a mechanics paradise. Simple and easy instructions. NICE! I need to find out what spring is in there and also what filter and jets I have.

I think that I'm going to enjoy this...

Old 09-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Range Rover

http://www.700v.com/faq.htm Go here it will tell you what you need. I got a used DS that someone beat the crap out of. New axle bearings clutch cabble I had trouble whith my carb ext. I got it fixed now and it is great.But I also like my KFX as well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Let me get this straight: Your 6'10"? 6'10"?.................6'10"????? WOW, that must be something to see!!!!

As far as the plug goes you will have to take the battery out to get at the rear plug. As you know, there is not a lot of room in there!!!

As far as the jetting goes, if it runs good, leave it alone!!! The V is VERY sensitive to jetting. Very easy the screw up and very hard to get running right again in all 3 circuits.

If I drag race I set my toe about 1/8" in. If I round-D-round race I set my toe about 1/8 toed out. It gives "slight" more stability if your toed out when making turns. My V is very stable. You will want to check everything in the front to make sure nothing is loose worn, or bent. If you still can't find the twichtyness (is that a word?) you might want to put a castor/camber gauge on it and see what the castor is on both sides. Castor will make it want to dart like a *****. Toe will do very little for you as far a twichyness goes.
Have fun with your new toy.
6'10'?????? dang!!!!!!