Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I've Moved........

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've Moved........

Originally posted by: rolsmojave3
does gregs intake bring allow you to run a clamp on and still have the compression effects of the airbox...the reason i got rid of mine was because the prevoius owner didnt' have it secured on and it melted all over the pipe
ya gregs gives you all the compression that the stock airbox will give plus it outflows the stock airbox setup by far but its probally not good if you go in deep water because its not inclosed, its just covered by a outerwear but if u dont have a problem with water and the clamp on, gregs setup should be fine

Old 10-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

ok sweet...i'm gonna try to make one out of somthing...lol...i got some tricks up my sleeve...no deep water here

Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well folks- I'm gonna try the stock carb with this setup of mine as the stock carb has a vacuum slide and no choke plate in the way so the stock 34mm carb should infact outflow the 35.5mmex carb. As the Mojave is a velocitiy motor and needs that clear shot. I've got to stop writing and go put this thing on!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

yo kwackermann how's the riding out there in new mexico? We were and still are thinking about moving to arizona/new mexico (right on the line)

I have only been to arizona once and the terrain is so different from here, do you have alot of riding around you now?

Old 10-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

New Mexico is great, that's whay I moved back out here; had the cops called on me everytime I blasted down to the end of the block in the neighborhood I was just to test the carb jetting. It's especially nice if ya have some acreage, just open the garage door and go riding. There's a righteous track in Moriarty for your motocross. I've also been invited, awhile back- by a fellow quadsperson on some 4 wheeling ventures in I think it was the Los Alomos area.
We've got a bit of everything, and low property taxes too............

Old 10-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

OK- got the stock carb back on and got the quad to idle- rough, wouldn't idle for the life of me with the 400ex carb on there. I'm gonna up the jettting as I'm getting backfires at the top end when I chop the throttle and gonna dicker some with the airbox, I'll llet ya know what I end up with. For totally righteous motocrossing checkout www.moriartymx.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

OK- I put the stock carb back on, still doesn't idle. I went to a 40 Pilot jet, stock is 35, I had a 38 in there. Went to a 130 Main, still does not idle. On the plus side, it doesn't backfire nearly as much anymore and my 2nd gear holshots don't bog as bad. I'm gonna look for my airbox boot and go to position 5 on the needle...................

Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Still didn't idle with the #40 Pilot, I took a #35 and drilled it out with a .040" bit and unorthodox practice, I know. Idles good now, a bit lopey- I think I'll hafta play with the air screw a bit.