Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

whats the best pulling atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best pulling atv

CNY,
I am going to take your word for it, upsate NY is a long way from Phoenix, AZ and it's finally cooled off enough to go outside again. We were in the high 80's today. Just becareful not to let that loaded hay wagon get the best of your quad. I know these things can tug and push stuff around, but it does not mean it's wise to do so. My F350 had an injector pump go out and I moved it around with my Brute force for a couple of day. The Ford weighs about 8500 lbs.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

my dad told me when he had a honda 200m 3 wheeler he could pull his old f-150 around

Old 10-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

As far as how much will one pull any that you have mentioned will handle the pulling since they all have the power to spin all 3.5 - 4 wheels under load. In my opinion the SP800 will be the best puller. As for the milage I would not try to push any of these into a 100 mile round trip but all will do the 50 miles there.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Buy a tractor, with the price of these damn things soaring they are about the same price. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] JOKING OF COARSE !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Old 11-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

It would help you to know what quads win the sled pulls. I can tell you that whatever big bore quad my 399 lb buddy sits on wins the pulls. He has a P700. Usually the heaviest bikes win the informal sled pulls. Sled pulls (and deep cultivating) would be hard on a bike if done all the time. I personally don't think they're built for a steady diet of real hard pulling. I hope someone can correct me on that.

If you're not going to town too much (gas mileage), you might want to look at the bomb 800 too. Also the Polaris 800 you mentioned. Heavy bikes. I do know that the one thing that will screw up a Prairie in a hurry is putting a load on it and the wheels not turning....will burn out a belt in no time.

You don't have to buy new during this part of the year, in fact you can get some very good used deals now. In your case though, maybe an extended warranty on a new bike wouldn't be a bad idea. I got a 5 yr warranty on my P700 for the price of a 4 yr, I think it was about $500. Don't tell the dealer how you're going to use it. The mfrs are always looking for a reason to void the warranty. Make him cut you a good deal, cause not a lot of people are buying right now. After Christmas would be even better.

Seeing your 5:43 am post time, I will be sawing logs when you read this.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the nee Bombardier 800 H.O. They have sled pull videos. The honda pulled the sled 2.3 feet, the brute force over a 100 ft. and the bomb pulled like an extra 10 ft past the BF. Check out the web site.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying this to bash the Bomb... but people keep refering to the comercials & the DVD that Bomb sent out...

WAKE UP... do you think they would have showed anything with another quad beating theirs... I mean, they paid for it, & distributed it, why would the show some other quad beating them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I think they appear to be a good quad, but people just don't seem to get it... I competitively pull ...ALOT... I have seen stock 650 Prairies out pull every 800 Bomb, & at every pull I've been to, & I've seen over a dozen 800 Bombs pull, nearly every class they are allowed to pull, & only seen one get a second place so far this year...

I was beat by a Bomb last year, but that was a little 450 Traxter Max 2 up manual transmission... & that thing was a pulling beast, being geared so low, to handle the 2 up dutys with the smaller motor... a manual transmission & low range... if you really want to pull... that is what you are looking for... If you thought you'd have to have an 800 Bomb... I'd personally wait untill next year, because I'm hearing all kinds of problems... that I'm sure Bomb will fix by next year...

& BTW... if your belt is properly adjusted... they seem to hold up pretty well... I've never burned up a belt pulling, & my quad has much more power than stock, & even out pulled a Polaris 700 Sportsman, wearing a set of tracks, & a Kubota diesel 4 X 4 utility vehical, took lots of weight to get even close to the weights of those 2 vehicals, but I had no trouble out pulling either by a large distance...

Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Exactley, now Polaris has a similar setup on their website. They don't compare to the Bomb though. Its the 800 against the Brute. In the bombs test the Polaris was the slowest, now its faster than the Brute. Huh, imagine that.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

newbeatle....glad to hear the belts hold up to very hard pulling, especially since I have a couple of them. Do you see any downside at all in hard pulling a cultivator with an atv for, say a week straight every day? Do you agree it would go better with a heavier machine?

Quick Reply: whats the best pulling atv