Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005 | 03:16 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.

Now theres a smart post!!!! How long has yours been parked? Or did you buy the parts to fix it yourself? I bet Kawasaki loves you if you did! I think thats probably what they hope most of these bf owners do.

Old 11-09-2005 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

nothing was recalled on the brute force 750

Old 11-09-2005 | 04:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bruteforcebob
nothing was recalled on the brute force 750
Try again:

Recall

Not the same recall string, but a suspension recall nonetheless.

Old 11-09-2005 | 06:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

http://www.wndu.com/news/productr/08...uctr_43831.php

http://www.motorcyclenewswire.com/news.cfm?newsid=1541

Just those 2 recalls right there cover 150,000-175,000 atv's and bikes.

I remember when their atv's were bulletproof. Look around the forums here and look at all the trouble with the new ones...sad.

Old 11-09-2005 | 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

Kawasaki did there part by sending the letter. Wether you ride and ignore the recall that clearly states DO NOT RIDE THIS ATV , or you don't ride, is your choice. But if you ride knowing that your front end could possibly have a serious problem that could result in serious injury to your person or property or even death it is your stupidity. Kawasaki should not have to pay for peoples stupidity. They did their part and if you are too ignorant and don't want to wait what ever happens is your own fault. I have a prairie 700 I too am not happy about how long it is taking to get the parts but **** happens. I'm not gonna and go out and something stupid, get hurt ,and then try getting a lawsuit against kawasaki for something that I did. Kawasaki is not at fault.
People keep bring on ridiculous lawsuits for their own stupidity against the manufactorer and we end up paying for it anyway........one of the reasons theses freakin machines cost 7000 -8500 dollars.

my opinoin

Old 11-09-2005 | 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Unless they sent the letter certified mail or some other way to without a doubt certify that the letter made it into the hands of the guy who died, it wont hold much water in court. There are a lot of "smoke and lights" tactics company's use to make it look right to people. But is it? Im sure that this many certified letters would cost a fortune, and im sure that the ones they sent allready cost a fortune.... I also dont plan to sue Kawasaki because I am aware.

I havent rode mine in months, because I have some play in my steering. My dealer has done NOTHING for me, they keep stringing me along with deadlines that come and go. I love my wheeler, but this is getting really old. I ride a Honda 250 Recon and a Foreman 400 every weekend now and that has got to stop soon!

Old 11-09-2005 | 07:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Your dealer is probably not the one stringing you along, Kawi has been exceedingly slow getting these recall orders filled. Most cant get the parts to fix your bike, even if they have time to get it in.

Old 11-09-2005 | 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I dont even care whose problem it is, or who wants the blame for it. I just want my bike fixed. I never thought I would have a reason to shop new four wheelers of any other brand, but if this isnt fixed by the beginning of 2006 this four wheeler is gone and it probably wont be another Kawi replacing it. I know they all have faulty service at times, but this is just too much.

Old 11-09-2005 | 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

I think Kawasaki will have a strong defense to this case or any other wrongful death/negligent cases brought against it by saying it did the responsible thing by sending out the recall notice. Who knows if this will be enough to fully exonerate it from liability.

However, I think everyone affected by the recall has a strong chance of bringing a successful class action lawsuit against Kawasaki. Class action lawsuits are not frivolous. They are brought against companies who put out defective products. And Kawasaki in this case has not stepped up to the plate and produced the recall parts the way they should be doing. When it happens to the auto manufacturers, they notify all the affected consumers immediately, and typically you bring your vehicle in right away and it gets fixed. I understand that ATVs are not cars where people need to drive them everyday to school, work, etc., but that doesn't give Kawasaki the right to take months and months to supply its dealers with a handful of parts for thousands of vehicles. This is unacceptable. These are not cheap ATVs. How many people are making monthly payments on these things just to have them sitting in their garages for months at a time? Again, unacceptable and unreasonable. If Kawasaki can continue to churn out more ATVS, motorcycles and other products then they are more than capable of finding the means to manufacture the recall parts for these defective ATVs.

Old 11-09-2005 | 10:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

When it is financially possible, I will be replacing the prairie with another utility. And it will not be a kawasaki.

Quick Reply: This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.