Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005 | 02:52 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/showscripts/6tue.shtml#5

Link to a story I seen on the news this evening. Lot of good recalls do if theres no parts available. Its gonna end up costing them a BUNCH in the long run from law suits, etc. Lets hope they get their crap together!

Old 11-09-2005 | 05:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Not to sound heartless, because it was a tragedy and if Kawi had made thier parts correct it wouldnt have happened, but if the guy got the recall letter and kept riding on it then he's definately partially to blame. I mean its one thing for something to break on you, its another to ride the quad knowing it can/will. True if he tried to get parts and couldnt then we place more blame on kawi, but he was still riding a bike he knew to be defective after a stern warning not to. That doesnt remove kawi from blame and a civil trial probably would award the family a heaping sum of money, but the guy deserves some share of the credit.

Old 11-09-2005 | 05:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Not to sound heartless, because it was a tragedy and if Kawi had made thier parts correct it wouldnt have happened, but if the guy got the recall letter and kept riding on it then he's definately partially to blame. I mean its one thing for something to break on you, its another to ride the quad knowing it can/will. True if he tried to get parts and couldnt then we place more blame on kawi, but he was still riding a bike he knew to be defective after a stern warning not to. That doesnt remove kawi from blame and a civil trial probably would award the family a heaping sum of money, but the guy deserves some share of the credit.
I have to say, I'm right there with you on that one...........BUT I would like to add:::::::::: I want to see the outcome of this.......did the stearing break after the wreck because he died of health issues, OR if he died because of the wreck!!!!

Old 11-09-2005 | 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

Even with the recall....if this guy died because of the accident caused by that broken steering knuckle, $$$$ for the family.

Old 11-09-2005 | 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

I disagree, I think the fact that he got the letter and chose to ignore it exhonerates Kawasaki from liability, that's why they send the letters out in the first place! His family may have had a case if he hadn't recieved the letter, but they admitted right there that he did. God forbid, if this happens to anyone else's family and you are asked about it, DO NOT admit anyone got a letter and rode the ATV anyway....make the letter disappear.

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

I also have got the letter and am still waiting for them to get the parts in...Its been a month and still nothing..WHAT THE HELL...I dont know about yall but i ride almost everyday and im not going to stop...THe parts guy said to look it over and if everything looked ok, ride it..so well see..

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:02 PM
Range Rover

Just as Maddog said, I don't want to be heartless but the recall notice was sent. The manufacturers send them for a reason, not to just be thrown in a pile of papers. However, this is a terrible thing to happen nonetheless and I feel great sorrow for the family.

Here's some food for thought. If people throw away those recall letters and sue the manufacturers, I see another decline in the atv industry, just like the late 80's and early 90's. Do we really want that all over again? ATVing has become a hugely popular sport and with it comes new and exciting models. If the manufacturers get sued for things all the time, especially when it isn't entirely their fault, I can see a drop in the atv world. No new exciting models, all powerful models dropped, we basically get Honda 300's again. Tough machines, just not as exciting as the stuff we have now. I for one hope that nobody sues the manufacturers for silly things because it will be the ruination of our sport again, in my opinion.

Peace,
Justin

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Just called my dealership...Same thing...Well call you when the part arrives...BS They should sew teh hell out of kawa...In WV 4-wheelers are more important than automobiles...And thats the truth

Old 11-09-2005 | 02:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I can see you guys points. But Im just wondering how you'd feel if that was one of your family, or you or your bike? I seen the report on tv is the reason I posted it. The tie rod (i think, they showed it kinda quick)was broke clean in 2 and the front and was nose dived right into the ground and he was found about 8 feet in front of it. Didnt look good. I think it is totally unreasonable to recall something the parts arent even available for then tell people not to even ride something they paid 7-8k for an indefinite amount of time. I'd say they will definitely end up paying in this case. I have an ol Kaw that much have a million miles on it and never had anything go wrong, I just cant believe they would put out junk like this and then think telling people not to ride it for who knows how long is a reasonable precaution. I have had a bunch of Kaws and it just saddens me that they have come to this.

Old 11-09-2005 | 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

If my brother went 175 MPH in a Corvette and slammed into a bridge abuttment I would feel bad as Hell for him and his family, but it wouldn't be Chevy's fault!!!!!!!!!!! No means No! DO NOT RIDE THE QUAD OR YOU MIGHT GET KILLED! guess what, they were right.

Quick Reply: This one is gonna end up costing Kawasaki.