Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

then I am touching base with my original dealer...

I have had a local dealer (lil closer') doing all my work, they have been pretty kool and honest.

Figured I was getitng straight shot from them, since I have been spending dough there....they are new too, so maybe old dealers getting stock 1st???

Will have to touch base with other dealer I guess....not having problems, but want to put this to bed...

anybody have P360 done? if so, idd it make any differance???

Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

I been waiting since july ,dealer said i'll call you, your on the list.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Wow I keep hearing about this problem. That sounds $hitty. Could it be that the dealers want to do their regular work first. At car dealerships, the warranty work only pays half.
Exactly. I have worked at a yamaha dealer and a honda dealer. They always did CP = customer pay first, before even thinking about WP= warranty pay. Its sad but its true, it would **** me off so bad because service would tell customers they couldnt get the parts and then the customers would call parts yelling at me to get thier parts. This happened at both dealers. The parts where there or service never even looked at the bikes to start the recall process.

On my twinpeaks when I got the recall notice I went in and told them they had 1 week. I also reminded them of where I had worked in the past and how I knew things worked. I had it back in 6 days.

Keep in mind, if your not happy, call your local kawasaki rep.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

well thats all Kawasaki thats controlling the parts....

I've been dealing iwth new dealre that opend up this year, they are great to deal with too..
they told me today that Kaw is sitting on parts....dealerships with the sales volume are getting the parts 1st.

Makes sense I guess....but Kaw should have better filtering system for parts...they have to support everybody...

afraid I wont get better results from my original dealer, since they havent seen me since I bought it...will be rolling those dice though....

I'll keep it posted

Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am going through the same thing. It really sucks. I have continued to ride, checking for "wiggle" in the front end as the paperwork that accompanied the recall notice explains. Just this weekend I experienced failure of the tie rod/knuckle while riding. The area where the tie rod is attached to the knuckle actually fractured. It hurt, but luckily no serious injury. (I'm not even sure is this is specifically what the recall is all about, but for it to break in this area is really concerning) The bike is messed up, and I am not looking forward to not riding for an extended period of time. I have been waiting for the parts to come in since the recall was announced. Kawasaki has not been very helpful in getting the replacement parts to the dealers. I am not happy with this situation at all, especially since I now have a recreational machine that I paid more than $7000 for and is now no better than a paper weight. While I appreciate the effort to inform the public of the potential (and in my case actual) problems with these machines, I find it absolutely irresponsible that it is taking Kawasaki as long as it is to get replacement parts to the dealers to fix their deficient workmanship.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

yeah that sucks...wonder if they are on ebay yet??? LOL

nice set up with the bear claws, I saw that same set up while riding in Canada this year....
makes the 700 an animal!!! those side walls alone pulled that thing out of some of the nastiest mud !!!

Old 11-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. The Bear Claws rock. Great tire for all kinds of riding - rocky or deep mud. I can't wait to get my mahine back on the dirt.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, called another dealership, now I'm on another waiting list...
Dealer did say he hasn't seen any break yet and hasn't heard of it being big problem with 360...he also said that he hasn't even seen parts come in for the 360 in a while....so does't sound like Kaw' is in big hurry...

I just know this sh*t is gonna go on top of some mountain...LOL

Oh well, just keep riding it iwth fingers crossed...

Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

jamakn....I have been riding mine also, but checking it frequently. My 2 cents, I tried (but failed) to stay close enough so I could walk to a county road, a house, something, in case of failure. Also, I was worried about being able to hide it good enough while walking out. Finally, I decided to not ride it unless I had a couple of other riders with me.

jibidz....Could you get a digital picture of the fracture and send it to your Kawasaki rep? He would know who is getting the kits (the big volume guys).

Old 11-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Trailblazer

Called my dealership yesterday they were suppose to call me when they had parts but I had not had any calls, as it turns out they had the parts in bringing it in today.

Quick Reply: Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??