Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

OK, I have been on a list for these knuckles since June/July. I ask dealer and they are pretty honest guys. They tell me that Kaw put out notice without having parts ready to satisfy everybody's needs.

That sucks. So I am in Limbo...
I check every now and then, like the dealer showed me, to see if I am getting "loose"....but still nothing would ease my mind like having it taken care of....

What are some of the wait times you guys (ladies too) have had?
Anybody have the front end blow out on them on the P360? If so what year, how much wear, etc???

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called around a few months ago to the Kaw. dealerships near me and all of them tell me they have very LONG waiting lists with little to no recall kits trickling in. Unfortunately, it looks like a LONG wait for a lot of folks.

As far as front diffs, I don't have a P360, but I can tell you that I am currently getting my P650 front diff repaired at a local shop. It appears to have imploded (some screws came loose inside and rolled around doing some serious damage to the various parts. I also blew out my other P650's front diff back in February during a XC race (the 6 hours of TX race), so that makes 2 front diffs that I destroyed in 1 year! Not happy about that at all. I think the 1st diff blew out b/c I was jumping some medium to large jumps (during the race) while in 4x4 mode...I won't do that anymore! The current diff seems to be damaged by the previous owner who put 400 miles on it with oversized tires, lift kit, lift springs, etc. and I think that led to the premature breakdown that I currently have (this quad has less than 700 original miles).

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I was first in line with my dealer......nothing yet....basically he tells me, don't call me, I'll call you.

Dealer called with my 2 kits yesterday......finally!

Old 11-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

my dad has been waiting as long as u on his 03 p360 2x4 & he just picked up a used 05 p360 4x4
from a privite party, both machines came from different dealers & both dealers said they can't get the
parts from kawasaki. the dealer he bought his 03 from said they have done a few so far. not good at
all!!!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

That's odd. I took my Twin Peaks to a dealer that I didn't even buy it from. They asked for the vin and within 2 weeks had the parts and a day later installed them.
If you have front a-arm guards, prepare to customize or replace. They are not the same front a-arms.
The positive side is the steering is much lighter than before. It isn't as light as a Grizzly or King, but vastly improved.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

my brother & friend have been calling the dealer for awhile now and finally this weekend they are taking their prairie's in for the recall, dealer says he has the parts in stock now.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

My cousin got the recall for his sons quad, didnt call them first ,took it in on a monday morning and got it back on wednesday about 1.5 months ago. no waiting at all. dealer ordered parts on monday got them on wednesday morn and had it fixed that day.

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

picked up the 2005 360 4X4 dealer had all the parts and it was done before we picked it up dealer said he had no problem getting the kits
just my 2 cents

Old 11-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Wow I keep hearing about this problem. That sounds $hitty. Could it be that the dealers want to do their regular work first. At car dealerships, the warranty work only pays half.

Old 11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
rv
Pro Rider

just visited my dealer to day and was told they had lots of kits in stock and to bring it in, so im taking it in on monday for the recall hope he gets it back to me fast ! he also said they had 100 bikes to do.

Quick Reply: Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??