Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005 | 09:48 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??

Thanks Kawi...I usually do ride with a partner...makes no sense to ride that far alone...esp. the way I ride...no brain no pain...LOL

I did check front end last night and she seems pretty tight yet'

Kawi needs to post pics to P700 Team Green, I like that color scheme'

Old 11-30-2005 | 10:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

kawiyowee,

I spoke to both my dealer and Kawasaki yesterday. Both said the parts would be in in a couple of weeks, but this is not that much comfort given how long the wait has already been.

Kawasaki customer service suggested I bring my machine in to the dealer to have them inspect the area where the knuckle fractured. It seemed to be a surprise to them, but not not as much as it was to me when it happened. Digital photos will be taken and submitted for them to review.

How do I get in touch with my Kawasaki rep directly?

Hopefully all of the parts and repairs will be done shortly. I've got lots of ridin', plowin' and recreatin' planned.

Old 11-30-2005 | 10:55 AM
|
Pro Rider

That sucks...esp. if snow hits and no plow...

Ask your dealer how to get in touch with local rep. They shouldnt have a problem giving you that info.
Tell them you are happy with them, but you have a few concerns about Kawasaki you like to share with him...
make them think that you are thinking about changing brands, especially if they dont help you out or answer you concerns..

Old 11-30-2005 | 11:41 AM
|
Pro Rider

Don't know if this will help...maybe you can reach them for help...???

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
(949) 770-0400
www.kawasaki.com

Old 11-30-2005 | 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Old 12-01-2005 | 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

jamakn.....good thinkn.

On posting pics, I don't know how to do it. Your idea will give me incentive to learn. I have the camera (with lots of pictures locked up in it) and card reader, etc. Better just bite the bullet and dive in. (When I graduated college, I had a slide rule in the back pocket of my levis....everything I've learned about computers, etc. has been through trial and error.)

Old 12-01-2005 | 09:03 AM
|
Pro Rider

yeah, usuallly if you make some noise the reps will try and do something...

as far as pics, think I have figured it out...been pasting pics into paint (its under your accessories for windows). then you can go image and shrink the pictures down to size by changing the percentage's under shrink/skew....then go back into image and pic attribute...it will tell you picture size by height and width...think you need it under 750x750 to post pics...icons are 60x60 which is pretty small...

best of luck'

Old 12-01-2005 | 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2005 | 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Dealer called Today, My Recall parts are in for the '03 P650, great news..

Old 12-05-2005 | 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I'm happy to report that I found a local Kaw dealer that had some recall kits in stock...I sorta know one of the mechanics at that dealer and he was able to convince the shop's owner to install one of the recall kits they had into my P650 (despite the fact that my name wasn't even on their recall list). I think it helped that my quad also needed $1K of front diff repair work done at the same time that I brought it in for the recall kit...I'm guessing that helped convince the owner to let me get the recall done now instead of waiting in line in their recall waiting list. In any case, I definitely owe my buddy (the mechanic) a big favor for doing that. Anyway, I got my quad back on Saturday and its all good now.

Good luck to the rest of you guys who are still waiting for a recall kit...I sincerely hope Kaw. speeds up production of the kits for the sake of you guys still waiting.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Knuckle up' - How long waiting for recall parts??