Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Friend's BF750 rolls (and rolls, and rolls)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend's BF750 rolls (and rolls, and rolls)

I went out riding with a group of friends on Sat to Tower City, PA. Those who have ridden it in this area probably know the hill called "Mt. Everest".

I have pics of his quad in my profile, and another rider's attempt of the same hill last year.

Well, my friend had his '05 BF750 out on its second ride since he bought it. He had already climbed the hill a couple times before it, and as we all know, you may do something a hundred times, but it's on 101 that you get bit.

He was going up the same route I had just made it up 15 min earlier. The quad took a bad bump off a big rock in the ground, and he said it came up on him. The part that it happened at is hidden from those below, but a couple of us watched it roll backwards out of the "chute", before it hit the slope off camber and started tumbling sideways. It probably rolled 15-20 times if I had to guess, at times doing a complete 360 degree roll w/o touching the ground.

Chris was not injured in any way (except in the wallet).

For those familiar with Mt Everest at tower, it rolled from the top all the way doen past the two steps to the very bottom.
Initial survey of the damage reveals:

Here is a little clip of another friend attemptiing the climb last year. It was his first day on his TRX400EX, so he wasn't familiar with the machine yet. Chris' quad rolled from the same point the Brad's started rolling backwards. The difference is Chris' tumbled all the way down to where you see the puddles in the video.

brad at tower

Old 11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
                Pro Rider

schuylkill county rocks !!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
                Pro Rider

great clip...just rolled the 360 again this weekend in the Tuscaroura area...trying to spin front around while going backwards and caught some gravel...ouch !#$$#

bent up front rack, knocked down handle bars, otherwise rode for another hour plus...

Kawasaki makes one hell of a machine...

Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 PM
                Pro Rider
                Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*I would be crying.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2005, 11:01 PM
                Pro Rider

looks like that trx would have flown up that hill with a good amount of momentum. I was going up a hill like that when I still had stock tires. A guy a couple quads in front of me (Also with stock tires) got stuck and dug some ruts. I couldn't get past his ruts. I made it back down to the bottom, hit third for speed but it was so steep that once I started climbing I had to go back down to 2nd. I still couldn't make it through his ruts, but almost. Man was that steep. I could be on the hill with front and back brakes locked up and all it wanted to do was slide. I walked it down the first couple times (I tried about 5 times) but then I was being called a sally so I knealed on the seat, left it in gear with engine dead held front brakes and kept letting the clutch out. Even leaning over the bars, if I let it slide more than a foot before letting clutch out the front wheels would come off the ground and it would want to go over.

Those steep hills can be scary.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:22 AM
                Pro Rider

sparky,
                you're right - for the most part. That hill does change by the day, esp with rains. i climbed that hill on my KFX400 on Sat. with little difficulty. I think I was in 2nd gear, taking fairly slow, too. I don't know exactly what went wrong when Chris BF came back on him. We were at the bottom and he was out of site the moment he lost it.

When Brad attempted it, it was his first day on that quad - and maybe his first day on any quad.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:30 AM
                Pro Rider

Many people try Mt Everest, many roll back down too. I'm a member of Rock City Ummmm I mean Tower City too.UTE quads aren't meant to hill climb, leave that to the sports with the right tires

Old 11-23-2005, 12:47 AM
                Pro Rider

that hill is a little steeper at the top than the video really shows. my brother has climbed it on his prairie 650 and my friend has gone down it on his prairie 650. i went about halfway up on my brute 750 and turned back down just because i wanted to avoid what your friend did(always seems to be a little softer and rutted near the top & that sucks momentum). when i question myself then i decide to be cautious. sometimes we make a late afternoon out of watching people dump it on that hill. some make it, alot dont. glad your friend is ok.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:31 AM
                Pro Rider

Excellent video....

Old 11-24-2005, 12:57 PM
                Pro Rider

First off , jokingly ask Bad Brad was that chocolate cake or vanilla ? Brad is built like me . Looks like he didnt attack the hill enough. SKOOTER you never took your Prairie 700 up that , I love climbing with my Griz . I think the 4wd is a major advantage , I do know what they mean when they say hills are steeper at the top, I have expierienced that before and was more afraid to come down than going up. Brad hope you and quad are ok, I have seen a friend roll both of his brand new quads. OUCH$$$$$

Quick Reply: Friend's BF750 rolls (and rolls, and rolls)