Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brute Force 750 CV boot

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute Force 750 CV boot

I tore up the right side upper rear CV boot. Any one out there replace this boot. Can't see how this happened since it's the upper boot and appears to be out of the way. Should I replace with an aftermarket or just stick with the stock unit. I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try to find someone that specializes in cv axles in your area. Try your local driveline shops and see if they keep an inventory of cv boots. They should have something that will work. The aftermarket more than likely does not have a part number for this one yet. I specialize in cv axles and boots an keep a large stock of parts for most applications. If you can get me all the numbers off the joint with the bad cv boot I can see if we have anything. I would stay away from some of the aftermarket boots. Try to stick with EMPI or Rockford or go to your local dealer and buy a oem.
It is kind of strange that the boot would fail so prematurely. Has your bf been lifted?

Old 11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Axleman. I will try and get you some numbers. My Brute has no lift, it looks like I got a stick or somthing to hit the boot and the ground at the same time resulting in a nice tear.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just got an 06 BF 650 and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I hit a stick the wrong way.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

I know I did it yesterday, since there was no mud or leaves stuck in the rip. Yesterday bear season opened here in PA. Inorder to get to my post I need to decend a fairly large moutain side, so you keep focused on the trail and not every stick on the ground. Plus it's pretty dark at 5:30am, so you just can't see much. I will call the stealer for a replacement. I guess I will be removing the axel to put this on. Wonder how long this will take.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have A arm protectors for your Brute?

The stock rubber (plastic) ones are not adequate....

Aftermarket steel or aluminum are the way to go...
I fine they do a nice job protecting my cv boots...

Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

It should be a fairly easy replacement. I know I have read on here or nyrocs website of someone who has replaced one. Getting the axle out will be the hardest part. I'm not sure if they have any allignment adjustments on the rear of those or not. If they do You may have to have an allignment done when you are finished with the boot. Depending on what all you have to remove to get the axle out. I have seen something about that on here or nyrocs site.
If you have never been to nyrocs website check it out they have all kinds of tech tips on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I have been to Nyroc's site. Great site and lots of info I will take a look.
Kensiv, I have the aluminum gaurds, but only on the front. I don't see them helping protect the upper boot near the rear diff. If they do gaurd I will look into getting a set.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry Sep1! I'm an IRS noob...
Next time I'll read the whole post...

Both my machines are SRA so sorry for the mis-info...

Good luck with the fix none the less...

Old 11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Range Rover, Hey I'm in Wilkes-Barre. Got a Brute 750. 1st day out ripped boot. I got a replacement at autozone after finding out local Kawi dealer had no clue when he could get boot. I took in old boot and matched it to what they had on shelves cost 11 bucks. Don't buy one of the split boots you screw together they suck. To get out shaft I dropped the rear wheel carrier from upper a arm. then you just give shaft a good yank and it will pull out of rear housing. Then you give the short shaft a wack with a mallet and it comes out of cv. getting the clamp tight is the hardest part. Just reverse order to put it all back. I have been running mine for over a year with no problems. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Brute Force 750 CV boot